Icon Set List

kaishin

Dec 3, 2011, 7:28:13 PM12/3/11
to Open Food
Icons needed, welcome to add to list and build icons

List can be found and added to here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgl33NQ8gYQ_1YzOWAGHzgqiLsSdtFSd002r7aVKUYw/edit

Cheers,
Kai

Derek Shanahan

Dec 3, 2011, 7:39:14 PM12/3/11
to Open Food
Just suggested (in person) that this stuff better formatted in
spreadsheet; it's being ported to a spreadsheet.

Also suggest looking at the data sets - there should be a growing list
of foodtypes: https://github.com/Open-Food/Open-Food-Standard/wiki/Suggested-Data-Sets

On Dec 3, 4:28 pm, kaishin <bunniz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Icons needed, welcome to add to list and build icons
>

> List can be found and added to here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgl33NQ8gYQ_1YzOWAGHzgqiLsSdtFSd0...
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

kaishin

Dec 3, 2011, 7:40:53 PM12/3/11
to Open Food

Chacha

Dec 15, 2011, 12:46:26 PM12/15/11
to Open Food
I can organize an IconCamp for Food anytime.

On Dec 3, 4:28 pm, kaishin <bunniz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Icons needed, welcome to add to list and build icons
>

> List can be found and added to here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgl33NQ8gYQ_1YzOWAGHzgqiLsSdtFSd0...
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

Chacha

Dec 15, 2011, 6:17:35 PM12/15/11
to Open Food
For the Iconathon, we did one event in Los Angeles for Food &
Nutrition
You can see the symbol list here:http://iconathon.org/symbols?
field_event_tid%5B%5D=2&keys=
The finished symbols (like guerrilla gardening, urban farm, locally
grown) were released on the NounProject as part of the Iconathon
Symbol Suite.http://thenounproject.com/organization/iconathon/
Other things to know:1. At a hackathon this summer, I generated a
massive list of concepts that need symbols for food/public health (by
interviewing various people that work in food & public health)
2. For the LA Iconathon, we had a great speaker who talked about how
and why symbols were necessary - which included to help indicate that
foods are locally grown in government-sponsored food stores (WIC), to
help show which foods are healthy and "OK" (as people are learning
better ways of eating)
3. Also, there are different levels of food availability - and sets of
equipment available to make it, be it microwave or heating pad, or a
conventional kitchen. All of these needed symbols.