how did things go yesterday?

Douglas A. Whitfield

Nov 1, 2009, 12:44:48 PM11/1/09
to open-everyt...@googlegroups.com
I was on call yesterday and it was a royal PITA, so I didn't get to
participate in any of the online discussions. How did things go
yesterday?

Douglas A. Whitfield

Co-President Madison Linux User Group
http://madisonlinux.org/
New Project Coordinator - http://openeverything.us

Garin Fons

Nov 1, 2009, 9:12:21 PM11/1/09
to open-everyt...@googlegroups.com
Here in Ann Arbor, things went really, really well. We had about 65 people show up to what we billed as an "unconference".  We had four 30min sessions with 4 breakout groups (10 minute breaks between sessions) with a variety of themes discussed: You can see the list of topics discussed on the wiki: http://openeverything.wik.is/Ann_Arbor/Discussion  The conversation in each group was fantastic and hard to stop - definitely a good sign. Upon leaving, people commented that they had a great time and that they can't wait until the next event. Most of the evening's success is a result of the wonderful people who attended, but good food and a good space definitely had a hand in the overall excitement.

curious to hear how other events / gatherings went.

- garin