Open Everything Partnership Opportunity: Us Now Global Screening Project

Celina Agaton

Jul 26, 2009, 9:04:52 PM7/26/09
to Open Everything Discuss
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share a project I'm leading to screen Us Now with social
tech groups around the world. Us Now is a UK documentary on how the
open web creates new opportunities for people to participate in their
communities. Don Tapscott and Us Now Director, Ivo Gormley have agreed
to participate and help promote these screenings.

I'm also the co-organizer for Netsquared Toronto, so several cities in
our 60-city network are looking to participate in this global project
as well. There may be ways to partner with a local Netsquared group to
host a joint screening in your city.

If you're interested in participating, the first step would be to
reach out to your local college or theatre to ask for free space to
host the screening. If you can ask for a few Tuesday dates in the Fall
(see the Timing section below), that would be helpful to see if we can
do a few simultaneous screenings with other social tech groups around
the world. You'll see some examples from the well received Toronto
pilot screenings we've held in the link below.

Let me know what you think -

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXfU-nSwf0I4ZGY0czJoN3FfMTQ2aGNkNGR2Z3E&hl=en

Thanks
Celina