Free Culture / Collaborative Futures Book Sprint in Berlin

Andrea Goetzke

Jan 12, 2010, 4:38:31 PM1/12/10
to open-everyt...@googlegroups.com, mich...@creativecommons.org

Hey all,

first of all: a great 2010 to all of you!

I would like to alert you to a project that is happening in Berlin next
week, the Collaborative Futures Book sprint
8http://www.transmediale.de/en/node/11378), in the context of the
transmediale festival (http://www.transmediale.de/). The project is being
organized by Adam Hyde of FLOSSmanuals (http://en.flossmanuals.net/).

6 people will gather face to face in a room in Berlin to work out the
outline of the book and to write the chapters during 1 week, with the help
of people who are interested to contribute remotely. The title of the
project so far is "Collaborative Futures". It is part of the Free Culture
Incubator at transmediale, and the overall transmediale topic is "Futurity
Now". They will use http://www.booki.cc/ for the actual writing and
production of the book.

People can join in remotely from Tuesday, 19 January on. The initial group
of 6 will work out the book outline on Monday, and then open the process up
to anyone who is interested to contribute on Tuesday. I'll post the
information on how to contribute to the book when it becomes available on
Monday night or Tuesday morning.

As the topic relates to openeverything case studies, experiences and
ideas, it would be great if some of you were interested to join in this
project.

We had been discussing an openeverything book sprint some time ago here
among our local Berlin group - so this is an interesting and relevant
project which as a first step we would like to support.

Best wishes,
Andrea

Randy Fisher

Jan 12, 2010, 5:00:42 PM1/12/10
to open-everyt...@googlegroups.com, mich...@creativecommons.org, WikiEducator
Hi Andrea,

Please keep our WikiEducator.org community informed about this.

We have published several books on our wiki, including the Open Education Resources Handbook V1.0 - http://www.wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator_version_one

Best regards,

- Randy

Open Education is a sustainable and renewable resource.

________________
Randy Fisher, MA, OMD
Senior Consultant, Organization Development, Intersol Group, Canada

Senior Consultant, Organization & Business Development
International Centre for Open Education / OER Foundation, New Zealand

Elected Member, WikiEducator Community Council, www.wikieducator.org
+1 613.230.6424 x144 (EST)
Skype: wikirandy
Twitter: wikirandy

* Stakeholder Engagement, Change / Transition Management & Performance
* Organization Design & Development
* Sustainable Project Implementation & Community-Building
* E-Learning, Online Collaboration & Communities of Practice
* Coaching & Facilitation
* My Bio: http://www.communitybuildingexpert.com

John Britton

Jan 13, 2010, 1:22:52 PM1/13/10