Inquiry about open ephys acquisition board + electric footshock

Santiago Merlo

May 4, 2022, 10:29:39 AMMay 4
to Open Ephys
I am interested in conducting fear conditioning experiments on rats while recording neurons in the basolateral amygdala. To do this, I want to stimulate the rat with an electric footshock (0.6 mA, 25 V, 500 ms duration) and at the same time record neural activity. The recording set up consists of an intan RHD2132 amplifier connected to an open ephys acquisition board. The shock stimulator is a Med Associates Standalone Aversive Stimulator/Scrambler.

I was wondering if this electric shock could cause any damage to the recording set up? I did not find papers where neurons are recorded while fear conditioning training. I also did not find information about the compatibility of the amplifier with fear conditioning training. Does anyone have any insights on this?

Santiago Abel Merlo