most channels not recording with Intan 1024ch Recording Controller

Angelique Paulk

Nov 30, 2021, 12:49:57 PM11/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hello,
I can't seem to find this error in the groups conversations so I apologize if it's already been addressed but I'm having difficulty recording from all 1024 channels using OpenEphys (GUI version 0.5.5.3). It seems to only be recording the first 32 channels and that is it? Is there a setting that I am missing? Below is a screenshot of the Graph and info though, while it is reporting it's recording 1080 channels, the resultant files only have 32 channels recorded. (this Dropbox link takes you to the short files which I recorded).

OpenEphys displays all that data and the channels but only a small subset are saved.

We're using the Intan 1024ch Recording Controller on a 64 GB RAM laptop (Razer Blade 15, Windows 10).
Thank you for all your help,
Angelique Paulk
setup.png

Angelique Paulk

Nov 30, 2021, 1:16:56 PM11/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hi,
And I should clarify: when I say 'record', I mean saving the data. The display is technically visible and should be recorded for all the channels, just not saved.
I also tried this with older Intan 32 channel chips (not just the 64 channel Intan chips) and it's still not saving more than 32 channels.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Angelique

Pavel Kulik

Nov 30, 2021, 1:50:11 PM11/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hi Angelique,

On the leftmost side of the RecordNode, clicking the gray vertical bar expands the RecordNode to show a stream monitor. Clicking the stream monitor will display the channels that are currently set to be recorded. It is likely only the first 32 channels are enabled for your stream. Clicking the ALL button will enable all 1024 channels, or you can toggle each channel on/off individually.

Best,
Pavel

Angelique Paulk

Nov 30, 2021, 2:04:15 PM11/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hi,
Thank you for the tip. I just checked every single stream monitor option as well as the 'all' selection and all the channels are enabled on each of the 16 streams. I even turned the selections to 'none' and then 'all' multiple times to reset things. Might there be some other issue here?
Thank you for your help,
Angelique

Angelique Paulk

Nov 30, 2021, 2:07:53 PM11/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hi,
Nevermind! I just found out about doubleclicking that stream bar and getting that red display for enabling all those channels. Just is a bit hard to reach all 1024 channels to enable them recording on a laptop but I'll figure it out.
Thanks,
ACP