Tracking plugin not working with newer versions of Open Ephys GUI?

nils.n...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2021, 2:50:00 PM4/30/21
to Open Ephys
Hi,

I have been using the Open Ephys GUI version 0.4.4.1 up until today, when I decided to install the newest version, 0.5.3.1, using the installer (i.e., step 1 here: https://open-ephys.github.io/gui-docs/User-Manual/Installing-the-GUI.html). The tracking plugin (https://github.com/CINPLA/tracking-plugin) does not appear in the list of plugins installable via the Plugin Installer, but I was hoping it would be a matter of just copying over the .dll file into the new plugins folder. However, this does not work either, as the tracking nodes does not show up in the GUI after doing this. Is there any way to install the tracking plugin with the newest version of Open Ephys? I can't be the only one using this plugin...

Thanks!

Best,
Nils

Josh Siegle

May 1, 2021, 7:50:36 PM5/1/21
to nils.n...@gmail.com, Open Ephys
Here’s a link to the tracking plugin compiled against the latest version of the GUI. I was able to load all three tracking modules after placing the unzipped DLL in the GUI’s “plugins” directory:

Let me know if this works for you. We’ll plan on releasing this via the plugin installer soon!

Josh

Michael Scudder

May 1, 2021, 8:32:41 PM5/1/21
to Josh Siegle, nils.n...@gmail.com, Open Ephys, Hyojung Seo
Thank you very much.

Mike S.

nils.n...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2021, 9:53:16 AM11/22/21
to Open Ephys
Hi again!

I need to re-install the GUI and the plugins, and I unfortunately do not have the .dll file anymore, and your link is no longer working! Could you please send an updated link? Also, could you please do the same for the virtual reference plugin (https://github.com/arnefmeyer/VirtualReferencePlugin)?

Thank you!

Nils

Josh Siegle

Nov 24, 2021, 5:30:21 PM11/24/21
to nils.n...@gmail.com, Open Ephys
Hi Nils,

Here’s a link to the Tracking Plugin and the Virtual Reference Windows DLLs.

We are planning to release both of these via the plugin installer before the end of January, so this won’t be an issue for much longer.

Best,
Josh