Camera to connect to OpenEphys

Jose Guzman

Oct 29, 2021, 7:59:46 AM10/29/21
to Open Ephys
Hi everyone!

I would like to connect a basic camera (i.e., Basler Ace, [1] or similar ) and I was wondering whether OpenEphys has a plug-in to simply collect/visualise the frames of an external camera.

I would love to hear someone experience about it, and find a manual to install/debug the plugin.

Thanks a lot

Jose

[1] https://www.baslerweb.com/de/produkte/kameras/flaechenkameras/ace/aca2040-55um/

JoSe GuZmAn • The Guzman Lab
http://www.guzman-lab.com

Tel.: +43 678 126 70 96
Email: jose....@guzman-lab.com

Josh Siegle

Oct 29, 2021, 12:09:46 PM10/29/21
to Jose Guzman, Open Ephys
Hi Jose,

In short, you can’t record camera frames within the Open Ephys GUI, but there are several options for synchronizing cameras with your ephys data.

Josh

Jose Guzman

Nov 1, 2021, 3:34:02 PM11/1/21
to Josh Siegle, Open Ephys
Thank you Josh! Very useful documentation, as usual!

Best

Jose

JoSe GuZmAn • The Guzman Lab
http://www.guzman-lab.com