Wiki-Conference New York July 25-26

Pharos

Jun 29, 2009, 6:41:47 PM6/29/09
to Open Education League NY
Hi Open Education League comrades,

The 1st Wiki-Conference New York will be held over the weekend of July
25-26 2009 (confirmed!) at New York University, and hosted by Free
Culture @ NYU and Wikimedia New York City.

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales will be giving a keynote, and we will
also have a second keynote speaker TBA. Since this is an unconference
(like Open Everything, where we got started), participants are
encouraged to give your own ideas for topic sessions!

This is a also great opportunity for people who aren't so wiki-savvy
to get a fun introduction. All are most certainly welcome to present
and discuss on open education and related issues.

Oh yeah, and we're having our Central Park picnic again too!

Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Wiki-Conference_2009

Register here:

http://bit.ly/wikiny

BTW, our friends at NYU seem like excellent supporters of Open
Education, and I hope in future that we might also arrange with them
to hold OEL meetings there on a regular basis, as this is a location
that should be highly accessible to people.

Thanks,
Richard
Wikimedia NYC

m m

Jul 1, 2009, 10:47:01 AM7/1/09
to open-educati...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this info....this is great and can we already spread and blog about this?

Pharos

Jul 1, 2009, 8:39:50 PM7/1/09
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM, m m<maf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this info....this is great and can we already spread and blog
> about this?

That would be great. Blog away, folks!

Thanks,
Richard