OC Transpo should run an advertising campaign/service so we can run there ads.

Bain

Feb 12, 2012, 8:04:46 PM2/12/12
to Open Data Ottawa / OC Tranpo GPS API
I was thinking in the terms of good faith.
Since OC Transpo has released their most coveted bus gps data to the
community wouldn't it be nice to help OC Transpo recover some of their
"lost" advertising by embedding octranspo ad's banners in our 3rd
party gps apps ?

Its just an idea but this article got me thinking.
http://ottawa.openfile.ca/blog/curator-blog/curated-news/2012/oc-transpo-wants-more-advertising

"The most recent conflict came when OC Transpo chief Alan Mercier
wanted to hold off on publicly releasing real-time GPS data for the
bus service. He pointed to advertising as one of the reasons to hold
back on releasing the data so OC Transpo could profit from a
proprietary smartphone application.

Mobile advertising is listed as one of the areas where OC Transpo
would like to expand."

Post what ya think
John