Housing data inclusion strategy help needed

Jason Prince

Nov 25, 2020, 6:20:48 PM11/25/20
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Would anyone on this list know how to avoid having to go through an access to information request to get social housing data? My exchange with Open Data Montreal is below.
It seems like a simple request. Any suggestions welcome.
See exchange below.
Jason Prince

Reply from office of open data Montreal:

Bonjour,

Merci de nous avoir écrit. Malheureusement, vous avez envoyé votre message à la mauvaise équipe.
Je vous invite à faire une demande d'information au Service du greffe de la Ville de Montréal .Vous trouverez l'information nécessaire en suivant ce lien:http://www1.ville.montreal.qc.ca/banque311/content/accès-à-linformation-loi-sur-laccès-aux-documents-des-organismes-publics .

Cordialement.

-----------------
( name removed)
Agente de recherche - Données ouvertes
Laboratoire d'innovation urbaine
Ville de Montréal
Concernant Mar, 17 Nov. sur 11:06 AM , Jason.prince <jason....@concordia.ca> a écrit:
Bonjour,
Je cherche les données qui ont permis de realiser ce bilan de la politique d'inclusion de la Ville de Montreal.
Precisement, sur page 10, on dit:
"Ces 101 engagements correspondent à autant de projets, lesquels comportent un nombre de logements sociaux, abordables privés et autres logements privés allant de 2 à 2 500. Ces 101 engagements cumulés donnent un total de 44 212 logements de tous types (voir figure 8). On constate que ce nombre a connu une croissance continue depuis 2005."
Je cherche les données suivantes:
101 engagements et 44 212 logements:
repartition de: xx nombre de logements sociaux VS yy logements abordables privés VS zz autres logements privés.
Les lieux precises (addresse civique, code postal) de ces logements (ou au moins code postal)
les noms des entreprises concernés (qui ont bati les condominiums marché et qui ont bati les 'logements sociaux, aborbables et autres privé, ciblé par la politique d'inclusion)
L'année de construction
L'année d'ouverture des habitations
ET TOUT AUTRE donnée qui aide a comprendre et a geolocaliser les projets annoncés dans ce bilan.

Merci en avance pour votre aide.

Jason Prince
Concordia University

On Nov 25, 2020, at 5:00 PM, 'STM Mouvement collectif' via Données Ouvertes Montréal <open-data...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello,

It is currently not planned to offer the precise location of all tracks and métro platforms as open data, since our open data is available mainly to simplify the development of applications that facilitate the travelling and commute of our customers. However, to that end, we do offer the location of métro stations (and the bird's-eye route between stations) as open data via our web page for developers (http://www.stm.info/en/about/developers).

 Best regards,

The STM team

Le lundi 23 novembre 2020 à 11:13:28 UTC-5, Shane Seguin a écrit :
Hello,

The purpose of my message is to inquire if you have shapefiles for the Montreal Metro system, specifically ones that show the location of all track and stations (platforms). There are some shapefiles on your open data portal but they do not include the actual track or platforms.

Our purpose is to create an interactive map of the system, in the same way we have done for Ottawa's O-Train. You can see our current map here : map.railfans.ca

Any data you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.

--

---
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Données Ouvertes Montréal".

Ted Strauss

Nov 26, 2020, 10:49:22 AM11/26/20
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
There are open data portals for Montreal and Quebec.
Have you looked on there yet?
Search on those 2 pages and pls let us know if you find relevant content:

Ted

Jason Prince

Nov 26, 2020, 10:55:57 AM11/26/20
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ted, yes, that was the first place I went.
I wrote to the office at the City managing open data, and they said “make an access to information request”. That is NOT an easy road, but I will do it if I have to.
Nice to see you here!

Jason

RICHARD PHANEUF

Jul 3, 2023, 1:39:41 PM7/3/23
to Données Ouvertes Montréal
Jason you need to also consider the number of affordable housing units that have been lost to   Air B and B ,reno-evections and the loss of units due to urban renewal causse by the city.
There is park to be delvoped behind the Notam buiding, the building has 100 units on the corner of Milton street will have a view of the park. These units will no longer be affordable.  Everything near Rem traini station will be unaffordable.

Tracey P. Lauriault

Jul 21, 2023, 8:38:56 AM7/21/23
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
The social housing data used to be available from https://cmm.qc.ca/.  There are many types of social housing, I developed an Atlas of the risk of homelessness some time ago with these data, here is the link to the montreal module, see the medatadata for data sources on the side bar http://legacy.gcrc.carleton.ca/homelessness/cities/montreal.xml.html#montreal, and you can read the report here https://homelesshub.ca/sites/default/files/v14f33hy.pdf.  The difficulty is that the city is not responsible for all of these data, there are multiple owners.  There are also many categories and many ways to qualify for this type of housing.  It took me forever to negotiate access and to get a small understanding of the landscape in each province and city in Canada.

Crazy questions, but does social services in montreal not have these data? What of open data in the city?

--
Tracey P. Lauriault
Associate Professor, Critical Media and Big Data

Tracey P. Lauriault

Jul 21, 2023, 8:43:02 AM7/21/23
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
There seems to be some data here - https://donnees.montreal.ca/dataset/logements-sociaux

Tracey P. Lauriault

Jul 21, 2023, 8:43:52 AM7/21/23
to open-data...@googlegroups.com

Tracey P. Lauriault

Jul 21, 2023, 8:45:29 AM7/21/23
to open-data...@googlegroups.com

Jason Prince

Jul 21, 2023, 9:01:19 AM7/21/23
to open-data...@googlegroups.com
This is what I have.
Jason

Salut,

Au cas ou utile, voici les données que j’ai sur les logements communautaires a Montréal.

1) les unités construites sous l’ancien “‘stratège d’inclusion” de la ville de Montréal.
2) les données compilées par Québec, pour la région de Montréal.

Si la cible c’est 20%, et on n’a que 6% actuellement (est-il le cas?)….

Jason

5 categories:

  • HLM : Logements publics gérés par l'Office municipal d'habitation de Montréal, dont le loyer est fixé à 25 % des revenus du ménage. Cette catégorie inclut la Corporation des Habitations Jeanne-Mance.

  • OMHM : Logements publics abordables issus de projets de l'Office municipale d'habitation de Montréal hors programme HLM et gérés sous une forme s'apparentant aux OBNL avec la participations des résidents.

  • SHDM : logements locatifs publics et abordables appartenant à la Société d'habitation et de développement de Montréal et dont certains projets peuvent être gérés par un OBNL.

  • OBNL : Logements locatifs possédés et gérés par un organisme à but non lucratif et qui visent une clientèle ayant des difficultés à se loger convenablement. Les OBNL offrent parfois du soutien communautaire à leurs locataires.

  • Coop : Logements appartenant à une coopérative qui les louent à ses membres. Les coopératives voient à offrir des logements de qualité à prix abordables tout en favorisant une mixité socio-économique dans les projets.

logsoc_donneesouvertes_20211231.geojson
logsoc_donneesouvertes_20211231.zip
inclusion data 2020-12-15 - Demande d'acces 56-2020-0144 - Réponse.xlsm
favicon.ico
demandeacces-2018-2019-03.pdf
demandeacces-2019-2020-13.pdf
entente-Can-Qc-logement-2020.pdf