[Tues, 14 June 18:30-20:00] Open Knowledge Meetup with Rufus Pollock

Denis Parfenov

Jun 10, 2016, 6:05:47 AM6/10/16
to open-dat...@googlegroups.com
*apologies for short notice*

** please forward to anyone who might be interested **

Hi All -

There has been a significant progress with making government data in Ireland more open in the last few years.

But how do we know that what's *open* today will be discoverable and accessible tomorrow or in 10 years time? And how do we know what's published is actually what had been published?

To discuss this, we are inviting you to join us

When: Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 18:30-20:00 (doors open 18:00)
WhereTechMeetup.Space (next door to the Palace Bar, Temple Bar, Dublin)

Guest speakers and panelists include:

Dr. Rufus Pollock, founder of Open Knowledge International

Stanislav Nazarenko, founder of Nihonto Club, an online community dedicated to appreciation and preservation of Japanese swords and the largest public database of Japanese metalwork artists

Dr. Kalpana Shankar, School of Information and Library Studies, University College Dublin

The event is free to attend, however registration required: https://ti.to/open-knowledge-ireland/knowledge-preservation

Best regards,
--
Denis Parfenov

Open Knowledge Ambassador / Open Knowledge Ireland, Founder

https://openknowledge.ie/  | @OKFirl

'To open up all essential public interest information and see it used to create insight that drives change.'