GovCampConnect

Brian Cleland

Aug 17, 2016, 12:46:20 PM8/17/16
to Open Data Ireland
Hi,

I though some of you might be interested to know about an upcoming open data-related event.

GovCampConnect is taking place on 24th September in Narrow Water Castle, Warrenpoint, Co. Down. It's a user-generated unconference - meaning anyone can pitch a session on the day. GovCamps have been a feature of the international digital government community for years, but GovCampConnect will be the first event of its kind on the island of Ireland.

We’ve chosen a scenic venue halfway between Belfast and Dublin because important things are happening in both places and we want people to share their stories.

The event is for anyone interested in how technology can transform government, including public servants, developers, suppliers and academics.

Typical themes include digital transformation, open data, citizen engagement, agile development, user-centred design, open source, and smart cities. You can view examples of GovCamp sessions here: https://goo.gl/cUNaHr

Admission is free, but you’ll need to register online.

For more information visit the website at http://govcampconnect.org