IIW info + Regular Registration ENDS next Wednesday

Kaliya *

Oct 22, 2009, 4:03:49 PM10/22/09
to gen...@lists.openid.net, soc...@xmpp.org, open-web...@googlegroups.com, activity...@googlegroups.com, diso-p...@googlegroups.com, webf...@googlegroups.com, open-data-...@googlegroups.com, id...@googlegroups.com, privacy-comm...@googlegroups.com, oa...@googlegroups.com

The Internet Identity Workshop #9
Tuesday - Thursday,  November 3-5
 in Mountain View, CA Computer History Museum

http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com

Regular Registration ENDS NEXT WEDNESDAY - October 28th at Midnight.
Prices go up $100 after that.

(apologies about the x-posting - just trying to be comprehensive in notifying the interested community about registration prices rising)

Invitation:
The Internet Identity Workshop focuses on “user-centric identity” - this also includes the range of emerging open standards and efforts in what is now know as the social web. Collectively we are trying to solve the technical, social and legal challenges of how people can manage their own identity, personal data and social data, across the range of websites, services, companies and organizations that they belong to, purchase from and participate with.
This is where everyone from a diverse range of projects doing the real-work of making this vision happen gather and work intensively for three days.  It is the best place to meet and participate with all the key people and projects.  Here is a list of projects & standards represented. The event complies a book of proceedings with all the notes from the conference here are the ones from last spring and last fall. BTW these two documents are your secret weapon to convince your employer that this event will be valuable. For this conference you can see who is coming on our registration page and the list of proposed topics gleaned as participants register.

Please blog/tweet about the conference.  The hash tag is #iiw  Our twitter handle is @idworkshop

Proposed Topics List:
http://iiw.idcommons.net/Proposed_Topics_ii9
We all make the agenda together beginning at 1 on Tuesday and again on Wednesday and Thursday morning.

If you want to know more about how to prepare for an unconference check out this piece called "unconferencing" by Kaliya Hamlin (@identitywoman) the facilitator of the workshop. http://www.unconference.net/unconferencing-how-to-prepare-to-attend-an-unconference/

Schedule:
You can see the specific times of sessions online:
http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com/schedule/

Tuesday Morning Opening talks will cover:
* The Identity Trust Framework activities - Drummond Reed and Don Thibeau
* Data Portability releasing their EULA work
* Action Cards - Phil Windley and Paul Trevithick
* Discovery etc. - Eran Hammer-Lahav
* Activity Strea.ms etc.  - TBD
* A VRM update  - TBD
* We might cover activity happening in the healthcare sector
* We are working on having Vivek Kundra the CIO of the US join us via skype - as yet this is unconfirmed.

They won't cover OpenID 101, Information Cards 101 or SAML 101
There is a lot of information online covering these topics on the foundations/organizations respective websites.  If you are unfamiliar with these topics we recommend reading these papers/watching these videos.

OpenID - http://openid.net/
OpenID video about it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2DG95V8Gk&feature=related

Information Cards - http://informationcard.net/
Video - http://informationcard.net/watch-the-video

SAML - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Assertion_Markup_Language
http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D50ogFCF56qE

All together now - the Venn of Identity
The paper - http://www.xmlgrrl.com/publications/IEEESecPriv-MarApr2008-MalerReed-Venn.pdf
the update - http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog/2009/09/10/the-zen-of-venn/

Demo Hour:
We still have Demonstration slots available you must sign up ahead of time to Demo.
It is Wednesday after lunch short 5min demos will be happening throughout the hour - throughout the room.
Please e-mail Kal...@mac.com to get a table and more information about how it will work.

Food:
I forgot to ask if there were any special dietary requirements.
Please let me know if you have any (kal...@mac.com)- this is what we have in store for you.

Tuesday - Burrito Bar, Tied House
Wednesday - Indian, Italian
Thursday - BBQ Boys

THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Without their contributions this conference would not be possible.
(we still have sponsorship opportunities available)

* Microsoft
* OpenID Foundation
* Information Card Foundation
* Ping Identity
* Internet Society
* Google
* Yahoo! Developer Network
* OASIS IDTrust
* Cisco
* FuGen Solutions
* Mozilla Foundation
* Kantara Initiative

You can see their logos here - http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com/sponsors/

In our effort to document the whole confernece and give all attendees access to all the happenings in sessions we have a notes taking procedure:

If you convene a session it is your responsibility to get a note taker for your session.

The note taker needs to use the NOTE TAKING FORM - found here in digital form http://iiw.idcommons.net/Note_Form    (the paper version will be avaliable in each break out space too).

When notes are complete, the note taking form must be e-mailed to iiwn...@gmail.com
OR transfered to a USB key at Documentation Center
OR if paper notes are taken transcribed by the notes taker on computers provided in Documentation Center

We will also be collecting a more immediate list of results from each session on 11x17 sheets.

We are looking forward to seeing you next Tuesday!

let us know if you have any other questions,

-Kaliya, Phil and Doc