Windhoek OpenDataDay was not on the map after registering the event twice.

Benjamin Akinmoyeje

Mar 7, 2020, 5:06:47 PM3/7/20
to Open Data Day
Dear All,
Good day we had such an awesome OpenData Day event after two registration attempts our event was not registered on the map.

Any reason for that, please? Who can help put our event on the map?

Kind regards,
Benjamin

Stephen Abbott Pugh

Mar 8, 2020, 3:52:05 AM3/8/20
to Benjamin Akinmoyeje, Open Data Day
Dear Benjamin,

Great to hear that your Open Data Day event went so well.

I've now fixed the issue with the event appearing on the map with a pin at Windhoek: https://opendataday.org/#map

The minus sign was missing off the latitude field so the pin was showing up elsewhere in the world.

All the best,

Stephen Abbott Pugh

Content development manager

Open Knowledge Foundation - For a fair, free and open future

http://okfn.org | @okfn | Facebook | Blog

Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, 86 - 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.

Benjamin Akinmoyeje

Mar 8, 2020, 12:06:02 PM3/8/20
to Stephen Abbott Pugh, Open Data Day
Thank you, Stephen.  I appreciate your support and timely assistance.

Kind regards,
Benjamin