Markup languages for educational assessment

Joshua Gay

Oct 24, 2010, 4:22:45 PM10/24/10
to open-as...@googlegroups.com
I thought some of you may be interested in a blog post I published on markup languages for educational assessment materials (with a focus on self-check type quizes).  The post discusses three different free/open markup languages that exist: Moodle's GIFT format, Connexions Question Markup Language, and the eLesson Markup Language (eLML). I conclude that none of these are great and that it would be nice if there was an independent project that went about creating a good free and open markup language for sharing assessment materials.

Wanted: Educational Assessment Markup Language
  -  http://joshuagay.org/blog/?p=78

Cheers,

-Josh

--
"Every time the word 'achievement' or 'academics' is used to mean test scores we cheapen the meaning of both terms." --Deborah Meier

Michael Nelson

Oct 24, 2010, 6:38:54 PM10/24/10
to open-as...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Joshua Gay <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought some of you may be interested in a blog post I published on markup languages for educational assessment materials (with a focus on self-check type quizes).

Thanks Joshua! I've commented there and will check back to read your thoughts :)

--
-
Michael Nelson