Interesting ideas by The Chronicle

per

Oct 29, 2012, 9:56:10 AM10/29/12
to open-and-ne...@googlegroups.com
http://chronicle.com/section/College-Reinvented/656

In my research in getting a PhD I ran into your ONPhD project as well as others and find it intriguing. Since I'm an entrepreneur and very independent I'm attracted by the idea of designing my own PhD program in a network context as well as getting some sort of collective recognition / approval. My interest lies within the disruption and transformation technology enables through new individual and entrepreneurial business models. To be honest, I'm more interested in human transformation in the network age.

Per

Leigh Blackall

Oct 29, 2012, 8:04:56 PM10/29/12
to open-and-ne...@googlegroups.com
G'day Per, thanks for the link. Perhaps you could drop our Open and Networked PhD idea in as a suggestion there: http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Philosophy

We're a very small group, with sporadic bursts of energy.

At the moment, a few of us are chipping away at a few things:
  1. Using Peer to Peer University and/or the Wikiversity page for PhD, to devise a digital badge system around the equivalent of candidature in an ONPhD. Peter Rawsthorne is leading the P2PU development.
  2. Each of us getting a profile up on Wikiversity, with pages for the PhD-related projects we're working on. (See mine for example: http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Leighblackall/PhD and not the category link at the bottom to Leighblackall/PhD
  3. Using Google Docs or similar to write up our various projects into a series of 'papers' that might eventually combine into a dissertation, or series of publication in peer reviewed journals or equivalent.
Any assistance and energy you can offer on these projects would be great. Any new ideas and projects that might help us gradually build a viable ONPhD model is also great.

Nice to have you with us, we look forward to seeing your profile on Wikiversity.

Per Håkansson

Jan 10, 2013, 9:35:13 PM1/10/13
to open-and-ne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply. I've been bogged down in a few of my projects. Trying to formulate what I would like to pursue.

Peter Rawsthorne

Jan 10, 2013, 11:22:58 PM1/10/13
to open-and-ne...@googlegroups.com
Per,

Have you considered exploring transformative learning in the network age?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformative_learning
Being an entrepreneur you could focus this upon transformative leadership and see where that may lead in developing business transformation...

Be Well...

Peter

Per Håkansson

Jan 11, 2013, 9:18:15 AM1/11/13
to open-and-ne...@googlegroups.com
Peter, that's a really attractive idea and would work wel with what Iim passionate about. :)