Key Tag numbers and what not...

David M. N. Bryan

Mar 6, 2012, 6:49:42 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com

Is there a way to decode the tag id stored on arduino so we can get the number stamped on the back of the keyfob? We want to record their keyfob number (printer on it) and then be able to disable or remove it based on what is printed on the back, as we can easily record that number when they are issued a fob.

Ideas? Thoughts?

-David

Will Bradley

Mar 6, 2012, 7:45:20 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com

If you set debug=2 in the code and then type A at the console it should list all the tag IDs.

We keep a separate text file of the cards for backup/audit purposes.

David M. N. Bryan

Mar 6, 2012, 8:02:15 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com
Yep already set debug, I think we gonna add a sub routine to decode the number so we can cross reference it to the number on the back of the RFID fob.  Just want an easy way to be able to cross reference the printed number that is on the key.

Will Bradley

Mar 6, 2012, 8:32:45 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com

What do you mean by "decode the number?" Debug=2 should show tag IDs when you list all users via the serial console, at least it does in my code.

David M. N. Bryan

Mar 6, 2012, 8:35:50 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com
It lists the key tags in HEX.  Not what is printed on the back of the tag.  Were planning to also enroll other (outside) keys too if we can read them.

-David

Will Bradley

Mar 6, 2012, 9:07:14 PM3/6/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, what's printed on the back? It's transmitted as binary I believe so you'd just need to change the input/output/storage routines to work on whatever encoding they use on the back of the card.

Arclight

Mar 7, 2012, 11:23:18 AM3/7/12
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

My commercial site Wiki has info on the tag output here:

http://www.accxproducts.com/wiki/index.php?title=Interface_Options#Wiegand_Interface

The default for the software is to just output all 26 bits as a hex number and not separate out he facility code or parity bits. I did it this way because there are a whole bunch of tag format out there, and not all of them stick to this standard.

The numbers printed on the tag may or may not correspond to the actual tag info, FYI. Some manufacturers do this while others just print a serial number.

John