Parallax RFID reader

ITechGeek

Dec 14, 2011, 1:27:52 AM12/14/11
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,

I'm setting up one of the Open Access Control (OAC) and the RFID
readers I have are Parallax, I was wondering if someone has already
set-up one of these readers w/ the OAC system?

If no one has already made the Parallax work yet, would anyone be
willing to help me to get it to work? Below is code that is suppose
to work (haven't tried any of it yet myself) and some details from the
maker:
https://github.com/ril3y/Make-Projects/blob/master/Arduino_Parallax_RFID_Reader/Arduino_Parallax_RFID_Reader.pde
www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/audiovis/28140-28340-RFIDreader-v2.2.pdf
www.gumbolabs.org/2009/10/17/parallax-rfid-reader-arduino/
www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/PRFID

-ITG

Will Bradley

Dec 14, 2011, 6:04:37 PM12/14/11
to open-acce...@googlegroups.com

I'm on my phone so pardon the vagueness, but I think the operative line in the OAC code is something like this:

If (numDigits >= 26)

-- basically a variable counts how many digits are read via Wiegand and when they are 26 or more (so the number in code might be > 25) the collected digits are compared to the authorized users in memory.

The Parallax code likely looks similar and so integrating should be straightforward.