How to promote OAA at this year's AAA?

Kerim Friedman

Sep 7, 2008, 6:32:23 AM9/7/08
to open-access-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

November is just around the corner and we'd like to give OAA a push at
this year's AAA in San Francisco. So consider this an open thread to
solicit ideas for events and activities we can do between now and the
conference, as well as during the conference, to further the cause of
Open Access among anthropologists.

One idea I had was to have a lottery for anyone who deposits a paper
in the Mana'o archives between now an the AAA, with a drawing at the
AAA where the prize(s) are handed out.

Other suggestions have included new T-shirts, a lunch meeting of OAA
members, and printing up and distributing our self-archiving poster.

Please share your thoughts!

Cheers,

Kerim
P. Kerim Friedman, Ph.D.