Proposal for New Orleans

kerim

Mar 14, 2010, 6:47:49 PM3/14/10
to Open Access Anthropology
Dear List Members,

The AAA is looking for proposals for proposals for proposals for
"special events." They are "interested in supporting a variety of ways
of constructing anthropological knowledge, and in using the 2010
meeting as a space where different kinds of stakeholders can come
together to explore and debate issues of mutual concern." The deadline
is April 1st.

I'm wondering if someone might not want to submit a proposal for
something like the Open Access event we held two years ago?

http://www.anthrosource.net/Abstract.aspx?issn=1541-6151&volume=51&issue=2&doubleissueno=0&article=304340&suppno=0&jstor=False

Kerim

Kerim Friedman

Mar 17, 2010, 5:04:17 AM3/17/10
to open-access-...@googlegroups.com, je...@cool.org
T Shirts would be great! We had some that Chris Kelty made two years ago, but it is time for an update. Could you see if the CASTAC folks are interested in doing something?

kerim

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Jenny Cool <thejen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Kerim,
I'm too slammed to think too much on this for the next week, but did want to give a shout to say that I'd be interested in contributing to something arty, like the t-shirts given out at San Jose AAA. I also think it would be good to do some kind of outreach to the un-geek because I get the sense that open access and even self-archiving remain opaque to many (most?) anthropologists. I'm going to think about some kind of arty outreach event/situation in the background while I do my end of quarter grading.

Also, I'm now co-chair of CASTAC (committee for the anthropology of science, technology, and computing in GAD of AAA), so perhaps there's some tie in there? Will think on it. Can't promise anything worthy as yet.

Best, Jenny//

Jenny Cool <je...@cool.org>
http://college.usc.edu/anth/html/faculty_display.cfm?Person_ID=1006463
http://cool.org/portfolio/
Twitter: jennycool
(310)498-2470

Alex Golub

Mar 17, 2010, 1:20:11 PM3/17/10
to oxu...@gmail.com, open-access-...@googlegroups.com, je...@cool.org
I'd be down for something. I am planning to be there for a panel on Avatar and Anthropology.

-A

Dr. Alex Golub
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
2424 Maile Way Saunders Hall 346
Honolulu HI 96822-2223
USA

Christopher Kelty

Mar 17, 2010, 3:11:06 PM3/17/10
to oxu...@gmail.com, open-access-...@googlegroups.com, je...@cool.org

I believe I have made a profit of something like $24.32 over the last several years... I'm more than happy to re-invest it :)

ck