Question regarding license of MAG/Aminer .zip folders

jon.l...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2019, 9:31:52 PM2/28/19
to Open Academic Graph
Hi,

I'm working on an indexing project for academic resources, and am wondering what license the zip folders at https://www.openacademic.ai/oag/ fall under.

Thanks for your reply!
Jon

Fanjin Zhang

Mar 1, 2019, 10:35:04 AM3/1/19
to Open Academic Graph
Hi,

OAG is released under ODC-BY license, which means you are granted the rights to add values and redistribute the derivatives based on the terms of the open data license.

jon.l...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2019, 12:58:54 PM3/1/19
to Open Academic Graph
Thank you for your quick response, and also for distributing this dataset!

Jon

ma...@planet.dk

Mar 29, 2019, 8:41:39 AM3/29/19
to Open Academic Graph
The site says "a free product for the research community only" but the ODC-BY license states that "These rights explicitly include commercial use, and do not exclude any field of endeavour".

Those two statements appear to contradict each other. Can the OAG be used e.g. in a commercial academic search engine?

Thanks in advance,
Mads

Fanjin Zhang

Apr 3, 2019, 4:40:02 AM4/3/19
to Open Academic Graph
Yes. OAG is released under ODC-BY license and can be used for a commercial academic search engine.

Alexis-Michel Mugabushaka

Apr 3, 2019, 2:51:14 PM4/3/19
to Fanjin Zhang, Open Academic Graph
Good evening.
I have a question regarding author ids.
Are they stable across different releases ? Are you planning to maintain them?

Fanjin Zhang

Apr 18, 2019, 12:34:49 AM4/18/19
to Open Academic Graph
Hello, Alexis-Michel,

We plan to maintain author ids across different releases. Thanks!