MAG citation counts censored at 50?

janov...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 9:10:35 PM9/17/18
to Open Academic Graph
Hello,

Thanks for releasing this impressive data set.
I'm looking at the MAG data and it looks like all citation counts below 50 are being mapped to the value 50.
Is this correct? Is there a reason (and documentation) for this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best,

Jan Overgoor
Stanford University

Fanjin Zhang

Sep 19, 2018, 12:19:25 PM9/19/18
to Open Academic Graph
Hello, I examined some MAG papers with 50 citations. It seems that this problem doesn't exist at MAG website now. For MAG data published later, this problem could be eased.

--
Best,
Fanjin Zhang

在 2018年9月18日星期二 UTC+8上午9:10:35,janov...@gmail.com写道:

Jan Overgoor

Sep 19, 2018, 12:22:18 PM9/19/18
to zfj...@gmail.com, open-acad...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

thanks for the reply. So you're saying that it is indeed a problem? This may be a good thing to mention on the data website so that people know about it in advance.
Are there plans to download the data again in the future or are you talking about adding more data in the future?
Thanks again,

Jan

Fanjin Zhang

Sep 19, 2018, 12:46:07 PM9/19/18
to Open Academic Graph
Published MAG data were a snapshot taken in mid 2017. In the future, we will publish up-to-date MAG data. Thanks.

在 2018年9月20日星期四 UTC+8上午12:22:18,Jan Overgoor写道: