conference saliency and prestige

Aliaksandr Birukou

Apr 4, 2020, 1:59:42 PM4/4/20
to Open Academic Graph
Could one get conference saliency and prestige in the Open Academic Graph or via API? I have looked through the documentation, but could not find how to do it:

Xiao Liu

Apr 4, 2020, 11:11:05 PM4/4/20
to Aliaksandr Birukou, Open Academic Graph
Hi Aliaksandr,

I’m afraid that this OAG version does not have such information. But there are 2 ways to get them:

1. You can get conference CitationCount and PaperCount directly from MAG’s Azure (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/academic-services/graph/get-started-setup-provisioning). The data is for free, but you may need an Azure storage account.
2. You can leverage OAG papers’ dump to recover a conference's CitationCount and PaperCount.

Thanks for your suggestion and we will update it in next version of OAG!

Best,
Xiao

2020年4月5日 上午1:59,Aliaksandr Birukou <bir...@gmail.com> 写道:

Could one get conference saliency and prestige in the Open Academic Graph or via API? I have looked through the documentation, but could not find how to do it:

Aliaksandr Birukou

Apr 5, 2020, 10:07:03 AM4/5/20
to Open Academic Graph
Xiao, thank you so much for the prompt reply.
I have carefully checked the MAG's Data Schema (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/academic-services/graph/reference-data-schema) and the article explaining how the saliency and prestige are calculated: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fdata.2019.00045/full
It seems that both the saliency and prestige calculation are non-trivial (i.e. cannot be just deduced from citation and paper counts), and is not in the data schema. So, just to double check if you could add it in one of the next releases (this would be awesome)?
Best regards,
Aliaksandr