double empathy, dialectical reasoning, causal understanding as authority

Dante Monson

Jul 13, 2024, 6:07:11 AM (10 days ago) Jul 13
to econ...@googlegroups.com, op-...@googlegroups.com
Very often I do read in between the lines and understand issues, but end up with a double empathy problem from the other persons perspective as they disconnect themselves from logic and causal understanding, including systemic understanding.

In such situation, I might understand they do not understand, but they might not accept that I explain to them what they do not understand, and where I need to do the extra effort to be able to understand what they think they understand but that they do not understand or that they understand differently without them understanding that I am engaging in that process of empathy and instead they think I might be gaslighting them or overpowering them, which then adds another loop where I need to explain to the person or to several persons that I am not trying to gaslight them but rather that I try to align the various levels of what people think they understand to come to a common understanding that can get closer to actual causality, ideally by engaging into dialectical reasoning. But most often there seems to be a lack of understanding of dialectical reasoning as apparently many if not most people seem to function solely on brute power dynamics and submission, and that they submit arbitrarily only if they consider that the person is in a legitimate position of authority as per the recognition from normative hierarchical collective dynamics and overall balances of brute power,

and not a hierarchy that would be functional based on an understanding of causality and an alignment of intentions and objectives that enable collaboration and shared problem solving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_empathy_problem