Where's my iTunes Music Library database?

woo

Feb 9, 2009, 10:50:49 PM2/9/09
to ooTunes Support
The file is called iTunes Music Library.xml and by default it is here:

/Users/YOURMACUSERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml on
mac's.

I can't remember where it is by default on windows off the top of my
head, but probably in your user's Music folder and similar (iTunes).

There are other files usually with it, backup db files, the genius
database and a binary version of the same iTunes Music Database.
However, the only one ooTunes reads or uses is the iTunes Music
Library.xml file.

woo

Feb 11, 2009, 12:57:52 AM2/11/09
to ooTunes Support
FYI on windows, the default is:

In your user's home directory in \My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes
Music Library.xml