server streaming bit rate?

Chris

Dec 3, 2009, 10:55:34 PM12/3/09
to ooTunes Support
I'm trying to figure out how good the audio quality is with the
streaming. I listened to the demo but am not very familiar with the
music on it - it sounds pretty good on the demo, but I was interested
in more info.

Steven Woolley

Dec 3, 2009, 11:00:39 PM12/3/09
to oot...@googlegroups.com
HI Chris,
By default, mp3 and m4a audio files are sent as is (so if you have 320kbps encodings, that's what you get on the app or in the browser). Other formats have to be converted to mp3 and that is done by transcoding to whatever bitrate you specify (the app has a setting for "maximum" bitrate to use on the cell network and on wifi). So on the app, you can say "transcode anything over say, 128k down to 128k, but transcoding is off by default, meaning you get what you started with. Does that answer your question? Feel free to ask more,
Steve
ooTunes nerd