ANN: SPARQLTree

Niklas Lindström

Mar 12, 2009, 3:35:43 PM3/12/09
to oo...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm happy to announce SPARQLTree [1]: a solution for turning
SPARQL-results into more manageable trees of data. If you find
regular, "flat" SPARQL results cumbersome to work with, this might be
for you.

SPARQLTree uses a simple convention on variable names, which are
grouped together into "condensed" object trees, suitable for common
("OO") programming languages to handle efficiently (think JSON).

The current implementation is in Python, which can be used
programmatically, or to convert regular results on the fly into
"idiomatic" JSON, intended to be much easier to work with.

This solution is very lightweight, so I expect porting the core (~60
lines of Python) to other languages will be straightforward. There is
also an implementation in XSLT (+ a dash of exslt) which uses a mix of
"SPARQL in XML" to achieve a similar result (but in "raw" XML).

Read the initial documentation at [1], and continue to check out the
source repository [2] to get a sense of the details.

I'd love to hear comments, opinions and feature requests. Either in
this group or to me personally.

Best regards,
Niklas Lindström

[1] <http://code.google.com/p/oort/wiki/SparqlTree>