OODBMS <-> RDF mapping

Pedro Ferreira

Jan 30, 2008, 7:33:36 AM1/30/08
to Oort RDF Toolkit
Hello.
I'm currently interested about the subject of mapping between OO
databases and RDF graphs. I am currently developing some kind of
language similar to D2RQ, that allows one to express the mapping
between both ends. I'm using ZODB as the database and, for the actual
translation engine, I'm using redland, since SPARQL support in rdflib
seems to be broken (if anyone has info on that, I would be grateful).
I guess that oort could somehow fit inside this model (translating the
database objects to RDF), but I don't know enough about its internals
to be sure (and since oort specifies these mappings using python
instructions, I have my doubts).
What are your opinions on this?

Best regards,

Pedro Ferreira