Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller ( PIC18F2550 ) in Proteus [step by step]

Naasif Nomaan

Feb 2, 2015, 6:28:56 PM2/2/15
to oopic...@googlegroups.com
Servo motor with microcontroller
Servo Motor

Servo motors are very popular in the field of robotics .In this tutorial i will show how to interface servo motor with microcontroller and i will use pic18f2550 microcontroller .Basically servo motor works on PWM(Pulse Width Modulation) signal .Basically PWM has a great uses to create analog signal  through microcontroller .
Look at the picture given below. We have to send PWM signal from 1millisecond to 2 millisecond to control the servo motor .
Listen here , carefully please .
* If we  use less or equal to 1millisecond , the motor rotates 0 degree
* If we  use 1.5millisecond or (1500 us) , the motor rotates to 90 degree
* If we  use equal to 2millisecond , the motor rotates 180 degree
So if we like to rotate x degree , the solution becomes =[{(1500-1000)/90}*x] us .I used this and it worked successfully . Now look at the picture given below .
Servo Motor Rotation Controlling
Servo Motor Rotation Controlling

Now let's create a project on Proteus .If you are an expert you don't need to follow instructions.But beginner can follow these .

Proteus Circuit:

Create new project in proteus
Create new project in proteus 8

How to find parts from Proteus
How to find parts from Proteus
How to find parts from Proteus Library
How to find parts from Proteus Library
Now complete the circuit as i have given below.
Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller (  PIC18F2550  ) in Proteus [step by step]
Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller (  PIC18F2550  ) in Proteus [step by step]

Now look carefully at the picture given below.
Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller (  PIC18F2550  ) in Proteus [step by step]
Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller (  PIC18F2550  ) in Proteus [step by step]
 We have completed the circuit .Now let's create a Project in MikroC because we need a program to operate the microcontroller .

MikroC Code :

#Source Code :

1:
2: void main() {
3: int i=0;
4: CMCON = 0x07; // To turn off comparators
5: ADCON1 = 0x0F;
6: Trisc=0x00;
7: delay_ms(1000);
8: while(1){
9: /////// rotate to 0 degree
10: for(i=0;i<49;i++){
11: PORTC.F0=1;
12: delay_us(900);
13: PORTC.F0=0;
14: delay_us(1000);
15: }
16: delay_ms(4000); //delay for 4 sec
17: /////// rotate to 45 degree
18: for(i=0;i<49;i++)
19: PORTC.F0=1;
20: delay_us(1250);
21: PORTC.F0=0;
22: delay_us(1000);
23: }
24: delay_ms(4000);
25: /////// rotate to 90 degree
26: for(i=0;i<49;i++){
27: PORTC.F0=1;
28: delay_us(1500);
29: PORTC.F0=0;
30: delay_us(1000);
31: }
32: delay_ms(4000); //delay for 4 sec
33: /////// rotate to 1350 degree
34: for(i=0;i<49;i++)
35: {
36: PORTC.F0=1;
37: delay_us(1750);
38: PORTC.F0=0;
39: delay_us(1000);
40: }
41: delay_ms(4000); //delay for 4 sec
42: /////// rotate to 180 degree
43: for(i=0;i<49;i++)
44: {
45: PORTC.F0=1;
46: delay_us(2000);
47: PORTC.F0=0;
48: delay_us(900);
49: }
50: delay_ms(4000); //delay for 4 sec
51: }
52: }
Now run the MikroC project.
How to Create Hex file in mikroC
How to Create Hex file in mikroC
Now go to the proteus circuit and load the .hex file to your microcontroller .If you don't know how , follow the instructions .

How to load hex file to microcontroller in proteus
How to load source hex on  microcontroller in proteus
Now just run the project.

Result :

Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller Proteus Simulation

Servo Motor Interfacing With PIC Microcontroller Proteus Simulation

Download Proteus File & Hex file

          Just Click on  '' SKIP ADD '' and You will get the download link

Thank You!