Bare metal development in OOC?

droid...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2014, 12:02:05 PM9/30/14
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I'm interested in trying out OOC for bare metal development, so I wonder is it even possible? Basically I'd like to be able to disable GC and use pure RAII. As far as I understood the SDK (the OOC's standard/runtime library) is implemented with GC in mind, so I will have to implement a minimal SDK myself. Does anyone try it before? Were there any attempts to write an operating system in OOC for example or something similar? What parts of the language depends on the runtime library? What subset of the language can be used without SDK dependencies?

gorgon....@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2019, 8:10:32 AM4/18/19
to ooc-lang
在 2014年9月30日星期二 UTC+1下午5:02:05,droid...@gmail.com写道:
> Hello! I'm interested in trying out OOC for bare metal development, so I wonder is it even possible? Basically I'd like to be able to disable GC and use pure RAII. As far as I understood the SDK (the OOC's standard/runtime library) is implemented with GC in mind, so I will have to implement a minimal SDK myself. Does anyone try it before? Were there any attempts to write an operating system in OOC for example or something similar? What parts of the language depends on the runtime library? What subset of the language can be used without SDK dependencies?

Would you mind to try this protected-low-overhead ooc dedicated for bare-metal environment?

https://github.com/GorgonMeducer/PLOOC