Reading from stdin

david.h...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2015, 11:17:21 AM2/8/15
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com
Is there example code anywhere that shows how to read from stdin in a program written in ooc?

Amos Wenger

Feb 9, 2015, 2:10:11 AM2/9/15
to David Hesselbom, ooc-...@googlegroups.com

Cheers,
- Amos

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 5:17 PM, <david.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there example code anywhere that shows how to read from stdin in a program written in ooc?

david.h...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2015, 3:36:11 AM2/9/15
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com, david.h...@gmail.com, amosw...@gmail.com
And by a guy named David, no less. I thought I'd looked, but I must have missed it. Sorry! :/ Let's see if this is how I get input from another process, then...

Amos Wenger

Feb 9, 2015, 3:57:43 AM2/9/15
to david.h...@gmail.com, ooc-...@googlegroups.com
For IPC, I'd recommend taking a look at ZeroMQ. Not technically needed, but a handy tool nonetheless

david.h...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 10:49:36 AM3/24/15
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com, david.h...@gmail.com, amosw...@gmail.com
I guess this is not strictly ooc related, but, I'd like to spawn a process from inside my program written in ooc and pipe its output into my own program when it's already running. Any ideas? :)

david.h...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 10:50:35 AM3/24/15
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com, david.h...@gmail.com, amosw...@gmail.com
To clarify,

A is a program written in ooc
B is some other program
A launches, spawns B and pipes the output of B into A.

Amos Wenger

Mar 24, 2015, 12:55:48 PM3/24/15
to David Hesselbom, ooc-...@googlegroups.com

david.h...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 4:13:24 AM3/25/15
to ooc-...@googlegroups.com, david.h...@gmail.com, amosw...@gmail.com
You made that just for me? :)

Looks exactly like what I'm after. Thank you so much!