Disabling the standard library

thack...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2015, 3:33:02 PM11/15/15
to ooc-lang
Is OOC supported without the language library? What is the best way to disable it when generating code from rock?

Thanks,
Jon

Amos Wenger

Nov 15, 2015, 3:57:56 PM11/15/15
to thack...@gmail.com, ooc-lang
"supported" is a big word, but since the sdk is just a bunch of .ooc files standing there, you can definitely trim it down. there's a few essentials rock will complain about but there's also a lot of optional stuff in the current sdk.

I think the Cogneco folks use their own version of the SDK? I know others have experimented with it, the ooc community is a diverse bunch!

david.h...@vidhance.com

Nov 19, 2015, 4:20:33 AM11/19/15
to ooc-lang, thack...@gmail.com, amosw...@gmail.com

We've tried to stay as compatible as possible with the original SDK in order to make it easier to benefit from updates and improvements made in it by others, but recently we've dropped that ambition and are replacing and removing things everywhere. But yeah, there are things I don't see how you could live without, like the things in the lang folder...