questions on Page extension and users privileges

Eleni Trouva

Oct 14, 2014, 9:21:25 PM10/14/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hello and thank you for your work on OntoWiki. :)

I have successfully installed OntoWiki on Ubuntu 14.04 with Virtuoso as backend and it works fine.
However, I am having difficulties in installing the Page extention in order to customize the landing page.

I tried following the instructions from [1] and [2] without success so far. First, I cloned the Page extension using git clone https://github.com/AKSW/page.ontowiki.git into the extensions directory. Is this correct?

This resulted in having a page directory under /usr/share/ontowiki/extensions/. The directory contains:
-
page (directory)
- doap.n3
- PageController.php
- README.md

Then, I created a page.ini file under /usr/share/ontowiki/extensions that contains only enabled = true. I am not sure whether a semi-colon should follow (enabled = true;).

Next, I am supposed to edit the config.ini file by adding the following two lines:
index.default.controller = "page"
index.default.action = "example"

I am editing the config.ini file under /usr/share/ontowiki. This gives me the following error when I try to access my OntoWiki site:

OntoWiki Error

Invalid controller specified (page)

Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception

/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php@248
#0: Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Front.php:954
#1: Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php:97
#2: Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application.php:366
#3: Zend_Application->run@/usr/share/ontowiki/index.php:188

The Page extention is not enabled nor even listed under  http://myontowiki/exconf.  What am I doing wrong? Could you please help?

Moreover, another question. Is there any way to  prevent unregistered users from editing my knowledge base (classes, instances)?

Thank you in advance,
Eleni

[1] https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/FAQ
[2] https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/Page-extension

Sebastian Tramp

Oct 15, 2014, 2:49:19 AM10/15/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 06:21:25PM -0700, Eleni Trouva wrote:

Eleni,

most likely you did not enable the rewrite module of apache.

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

--
Sebastian Tramp
Head of Development

mobile +49 162 4179664
phone +49 341 26508028
fax +49 341 26489305
sebasti...@eccenca.com

Postanschrift / Postal address:
eccenca GmbH | Hainstraße 8 | 04109 Leipzig | Germany

eccenca GmbH
Hainstraße 8 | 04109 Leipzig | Germany
Geschäftsführer / Board of Directors: Hans-Chr. Brockmann
Sitz und Registergericht / Domicile and Court of Registry: Leipzig
HRB-Nr. / Commercial Register No.: 29201
USt-ID / VAT registration No.: DE 289172708

Diese Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht Adressat sind, sind Sie nicht zur Verwendung der in dieser Mail enthaltenen Informationen befugt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns sofort über den irrtümlichen Empfang.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the addressee you are not authorized to make use of the information contained in this e-mail. Please inform us immediately that you have received it by mistake.

Eleni Trouva

Oct 15, 2014, 6:55:04 AM10/15/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sebastian thank you for your prompt reply.

When I run *a2enmod rewrite*, I get back *Module rewrite already enabled*.
So I guess that this is not the issue. Any thought?

Best,
Eleni

Sebastian Tramp

Oct 17, 2014, 8:37:08 AM10/17/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 03:55:04AM -0700, Eleni Trouva wrote:

> When I run *a2enmod rewrite*, I get back *Module rewrite already enabled*.
> So I guess that this is not the issue. Any thought?

maybe its an issue. can you tell me which uri you have in your browser when you
go to the about page (menu Application -> About).

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

> Best,
> Eleni
>
> On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:21:25 AM UTC+3, Eleni Trouva wrote:
> >
> > Hello and thank you for your work on OntoWiki. :)
> >
> > I have successfully installed OntoWiki on Ubuntu 14.04 with Virtuoso as
> > backend and it works fine.
> > However, I am having difficulties in installing the Page extention in
> > order to customize the landing page.
> >
> > I tried following the instructions from [1] and [2] without success so
> > far. First, I cloned the Page extension using *git clone
> > https://github.com/AKSW/page.ontowiki.git
> > <https://github.com/AKSW/page.ontowiki.git> *into the extensions
> > directory. Is this correct?
> >
> > This resulted in having a *page* directory under
> > /usr/share/ontowiki/extensions/. The directory contains
> > *:- *page (directory)
> > - doap.n3
> > - PageController.php
> > - README.md
> >
> > Then, I created a page.ini file under /usr/share/ontowiki/extensions that
> > contains only *enabled = true*. I am not sure whether a semi-colon should
> > follow (*enabled = true;*).
> >
> > Next, I am supposed to edit the config.ini file by adding the following
> > two lines:
> > index.default.controller = "page"
> > index.default.action = "example"
> >
> > I am editing the config.ini file under /usr/share/ontowiki. This gives me
> > the following error when I try to access my OntoWiki site:
> >
> > OntoWiki Error Invalid controller specified (page)
> >
> > Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Exception
> >
> > /usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php@248
> > #0:
> > Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Controller/Front.php:954
> > #1:
> > Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php:97
> > #2:
> > Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run@/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php/Zend/Application.php:366
> > #3: Zend_Application->run@/usr/share/ontowiki/index.php:188
> >
> > The Page extention is not enabled nor even listed under
> > http://myontowiki/exconf. What am I doing wrong? Could you please help?
> >
> > Moreover, another question. Is there any way to prevent unregistered
> > users from editing my knowledge base (classes, instances)?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Eleni
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/FAQ
> > [2] https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/Page-extension

--
brox IT-Solutions GmbH
Niederlassung Leipzig

Neumarkt 20
04109 Leipzig
Germany

Mobil: +49 162 4179664
Tel: +49 341 26508028
Fax: +49 341 26489305

Web: http://brox.de + http://eccenca.com/

According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act brox IT-Solutions GmbH
must indicate the following information.
Address: An der Breiten Wiese 9, 30625 Hannover Germany
General Manager: Hans-Christian Brockmann
Registered Office: Hannover, Commercial Register Hannover HRB 59240

Eleni Trouva

Oct 17, 2014, 9:15:14 AM10/17/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

About is a link under the Help menu in my case (Help -> About).

The url I get in the browser is x.x.x.x/ontowiki/application/about, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the machine I have installed OntoWiki.

Thanks,
Eleni