Getting started: can't log in to SuperAdmin

Matt Wallis

Apr 20, 2016, 6:54:32 AM4/20/16
to OntoWiki User Discussion
After quite a challenge ( :-) ) getting OntoWiki installed (on Mac OS/X), I think I'm getting close. But, I have hit a problem trying to follow the instructions at https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/Getting-Started-Users. It says there:
"If you start with a new ontowiki installation, you have only one pre-configured account, theSuperAdmin. This has the same username and password as the one you set up in config.ini for accessing the database backend."

By database backend, does that mean the virtuoso user? If do, that password does not work for my SuperAdmin account. I have followed the suggestion at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ontowiki-user/bhU5OEXy3zo/T4mSyXXPJTkJ to log in with my virtuoso username and password. This works, but it is unclear to me what I need to do next.
  • Do I need to log in as SuperAdmin in order to administrate the system? (My guess is "yes"!).
  • How do I make that possible from my current position, logged in as the virtuoso user?
Thanks in anticipation.

Matt Wallis

Apr 26, 2016, 6:45:28 AM4/26/16
to OntoWiki User Discussion
I can now log in. I used the following details from the OntoWiki/config.ini file:

store.virtuoso.username    = "dba"

store.virtuoso.password    = "dba"

This allowed me into OntoWiki with suitable privileges to be able to edit the passwords (held in plain text!! - so don't use a valuable password with OntoWiki) of other users. But I was no able to import data into a model - That will be the subject of another question on this forum.

Natanael Arndt

Apr 27, 2016, 10:28:08 AM4/27/16
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for my delayed reaction.
Generally it should also be possible to login using "Admin" as username and an empty password.

Kind regards
Natanael
--

---