Custom Resource URI Creation

Ian

Jan 28, 2014, 12:05:56 PM1/28/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I am just trying to add http://schema.org/name as an option for the label type when Ontowiki generates a new URI, but after trying for several hours I am about to give up.

This should be so simple, but my Ontowiki installation acts very weird (I am on 0.9.10-1). I go to the config page of the plugin -> Configure resourcecreationuri:

There I can see the 15 default properties used (property -> label). But when I change this config and save it I get a file created in the root of the resources folder called: resourcecreationuri.ini and this files containes the changes I made. (according to the docs it should be in the resourcecreationuri folder so that is a bit weird).

The changes however does not affect the new uri getting created. The strange thing is when I check the extension config in Ontowiki again it does not show the changes I did in the GUI (x.com/ontowiki/exconf/conf/?name=resourcecreationuri).

I then try to manualy change the default.ini file in resourcecreationuri folder. But still the changes is not shown in the gui. I have no idea where this gui is getting it's data from since I have changed several of its default fields in both the default.ini and resourcecreationuri.ini file, but the GUI is still showing the original unmodified value.

Does anybody have any tips on what I am doing wrong? Could it be that my version of Ontowiki has some issues?

ps. I have also tried updating the doap.n3 adding schema.org/name under ":label" section there as well, but no luck.. I have also tried full server restart several times after changing ini and n3 files.

Ian

Jan 29, 2014, 8:11:20 AM1/29/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
I needed a quick fix for this so I modded the plugins php code to include the schema.org field. It is a dirty fix but atleast now it works. I still have no idea why it loads the config file without the modifications I made to it.

Natanael Arndt

Jan 29, 2014, 9:10:27 AM1/29/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ian,
I don't know, from where the extension configuration GUI takes the values.

The ontowiki/extensions/<extensionname>/default.ini files are non functional, they are still left over after migrating to doap.n3 configuration.

Not OntoWiki first reads the doap.n3 and then overwrites the configuration by ontowiki/extensions/<extensionname>.ini (the syntax can be seen in ontowiki/extensions/<extensionname>/default.ini). If you do manual changes to doap.n3 or <extensionname>.ini you have to invalidate the cache with "Debug > Clear Object & Query Cache" or deleting the contents of ontowiki/cache/ if you are using the file cache-backend.

For the resourcecreatinuri you should put your property to the top if the :label ( ) list.

I hope this helps
Kind regards
Nate
--

---

Maxim Kolchin

Aug 7, 2014, 7:17:27 AM8/7/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to overwrite the Base URI? In example, I have a knowledge base with http://localhost/ base URI and all new URIs are created with this base URI, can I make it to be something different from the knowledge base URI?

Thank you in advance!
Maxim

Sebastian Tramp

Aug 7, 2014, 8:05:45 AM8/7/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 04:17:26AM -0700, Maxim Kolchin wrote:

imho, there is a way to configure the resourcecreationuri extension to use
different base URIs ...

ST

WebID: http://aksw.org/SebastianTramp