Getting Started: unable to import model.

Matt Wallis

Apr 26, 2016, 7:50:20 AM4/26/16
to OntoWiki User Discussion
I'm following the documentation at https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/wiki/Getting-Started-Users, in the section "First Model".

I have done the following:
  • Log in as Admin
  • Use Edit/Create Knowledge Base with the form filled in as follows:
  • Click on "Create Knowledge Base" (result: success)
  • Download https://raw.github.com/AKSW/aksw.org/master/site/data.rdf
  • On the next OntoWiki form (for importing data):
    • File type: Autodetect
    • File: set to the one I downloaded a couple of step earlier
  • Click "Import Data"
I am now presented with the following, which I think indicates an error, but the error message is not visible. When I inspect this element using my browser's developer tools, the error message is empty.

By retrying the import step several times, I eventually get an error message:

Could not import given model: Error importing statements: SQL Error: [OpenLink][Virtuoso iODBC Driver][Virtuoso Server]FA003: Access to '/private/var/tmp/phpsON4Vs' is denied due to access control in ini file () in query: CALL DB.DBA.RDF_LOAD_RDFXML(FILE_TO_STRING_OUTPUT('/private/var/tmp/phpsON4Vs'), 'http://aksw.org/', 'http://aksw.org/')

I don't know how to fix this problem. :-( My /private/var/tmp directory is writable by everyone. I'm running in Chrome version 50 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

Any help gratefully received.

Natanael Arndt

Apr 27, 2016, 10:40:55 AM4/27/16
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Matt,
you probably have to add the folder '/private/var/tmp/' to the list behind 'DirsAllowed' in your virtuoso configuratino (virtuoso.ini).
I've also added an issue to better report this problem in the frontend:
https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/issues/346

Thank you
Natanael
--

---

Matt Wallis

Apr 27, 2016, 11:15:23 AM4/27/16
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 3:40:55 PM UTC+1, arndtn wrote:
you probably have to add the folder '/private/var/tmp/' to the list behind 'DirsAllowed' in your virtuoso configuratino (virtuoso.ini).

Excellent! That now works (after, of course, stopping and restarting virtuoso). Thank you.

I've also added an issue to better report this problem in the frontend:
https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/issues/346

I've added a comment there.