Ontowiki Installation Error

Bhoomin Pandya

Nov 13, 2014, 4:09:26 PM11/13/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ontowiki Team Members,

I am new to Ontowiki.

On Windows 7 64 bit 4GB RAM system, I wish to install Ontowiki the latest zip archive i.e. ontowiki-0.9.6-21.7z.

I wish to have x64 installation as I have already one instance of Virtuoso (ODBC dll version 7.0 configured for Ontowiki data source & an Old non-functional version of 7.1).
I do have MySQL 6.1 (the binary installs both 32 bit and 64 bit) with a User and Schema in the name of Ontowiki.
Apache 2.4.4/PHP 5.6.2 installation is also x64 vc11 Thread Safe.

I double checked the required edited files like httpd, config.ini, etc as per installation instruction.

Tests for
Apache http://localhost/ gives output "It works!"

PHP http://localhost/test.php gives output of PHP tables & http://localhost/my_first.php gives output "This is my first PHP script."

ODBC http://localhost/odbctest.php gives following output Graphs in Virtuoso (Linked Data > Graphs)
http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#, http://localhost:8890/sparql, http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl# & http://localhost:8890/DAV
with following SQL Warnings
1. odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.4\htdocs\odbctest.php on line 2
2. odbc_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.4\htdocs\odbctest.php on line 4
3. odbc_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.4\htdocs\odbctest.php on line 7

May be - this is - because of a non-functional instance(s) of MS SQL Server 2008/2012.

It seems unpacking libraries/Zend from ZendFramework-1.12.9-minimal didn't make much difference as the Ontowiki Archive already has it.
So I didn't go for downloading Erfurt and unpack libraries/Erfurt.

There seems to be a problem in building Zend and Erfurt as http://localhost/ontowiki-0.9.6-21/index.php generated  with debug=true in config.ini

Erfurt_Store_Exception: Check setup failed: Failed creating the model. Reason: Unable to connect to Virtuoso Universal Server via ODBC
with many messages on Erfurt, Zend, [pl ref attachment]

Surprisingly when I tried to use the http://master.demo.ontowiki.eu I could login as a Virtuoso Admin, however the site gets jumbled-up not-allowing any navigation.

Kindly, advise how should I get rid of these problems.

Many Thanks,
Best Regards,

Bhoomin Pandya
OntoWiki Error.htm

Natanael Arndt

Nov 13, 2014, 4:27:41 PM11/13/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bhoomin,
sorry but I have no experience with Windows. As the ODBC message says the Data Source Name could not be found. So I think you somehow have to configure the Virtuoso DSN. On Linux this is done in /etc/odbc.ini I don't know, what is the equivalence for that on windows.

Maybe you can get some help from the Virtuoso people for that … Once the Virtuoso ODBC connection works, OntoWiki should work as well.

All the best
Natanael
--

---

Roland Cornelissen

Nov 13, 2014, 4:31:03 PM11/13/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bhoomin,

Did you configure the ODBC driver for VOS? I dunno Windo$ eather but I believe that is what is missing. See for details http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/odbcimplementation.html

Best,
Roland

Bhoomin Pandya

Nov 13, 2014, 9:35:06 PM11/13/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natanel and Roland:

I sincerely appreciate your help.

I have created the VOS directory for installation of Virtuoso-opensource, Virtuoso DSN http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/odbcimplementation.html#virtdsnsetup
as per the instructions and Modified the config.ini for "Virtuoso" while VOS has been setup

I will try to check with Virtuoso Team as well. But in the meanwhile, may I request you to kindly post any such related info if you come across?

Many Thanks,
Bhoomin Pandya

Bhoomin Pandya

Nov 20, 2014, 5:28:23 AM11/20/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natanael & Roland:

I am enclosing the post on the Virtuoso on 14th. (I have just edited some part of the files like username and the signature etc)

I didn't get any reply.So seems there is some problem. I wish to know

It seems the Erfurt & Zend related problems are reflected. Are they built on UNIX or LINUX only? or other language?

I do have vagrant and virtual box but I may need correct process as I haven't operated it in a while.

Kindly advise.

Best Regards,
Bhoomin Pandya

On Friday, November 14, 2014 8:05:06 AM UTC+5:30, Bhoomin Pandya wrote:
Hi Natanael and Roland:
Unable to Connect to Virtuoso through ODBC.docx

Natanael Arndt

Nov 20, 2014, 8:01:40 AM11/20/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bhoomin,
if you have access to a linux installation (best would be debian or ubuntu) you should try to install OntoWiki from the lod2 sources. This includes a virtuoso installation, which should work right away. You can find the instructions and even a pre-installed virtual machine here: http://stack.lod2.eu/blog/?page_id=16

Natanael

Bhoomin Pandya

Nov 21, 2014, 4:23:23 AM11/21/14
to ontowi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natanael,

I resorted to the Windows as the debian or Ubuntu Installation would take lot of memory.

I'll clean the system to free-up some memory and try.

Many Thanks to you and Roland for your kind support.

Bhoomin Pandya