Where is the Web Editor Frameworks?

Pierre Thibault

Mar 13, 2015, 3:43:05 PM3/13/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Could you tell me where is  the  Web Editor Framework — Developer's Guide that http://www.ontopia.net/doc/current/webed/config.html is talking about?

Would be a great idea to add a link.

Quintin Siebers

Mar 13, 2015, 3:55:21 PM3/13/15
to Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Pierre,

Here are all the web-editor framework documentation links. Note: web-editor framework has been deprecated.

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

Kevin Trainor

Mar 13, 2015, 4:57:22 PM3/13/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Hi Quintin,

Since the Web Editor Framework is now deprecated, what is the recommended approach for creating applications that update the topic map?

Best Regards,

Kevin
_________________________
Kevin Trainor

Quintin Siebers

Mar 16, 2015, 7:04:56 AM3/16/15
to Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Kevin,

This discussion also arose when we announced the deprecation the first time around. I think David started to work on a REST api for Ontopia around that time, which is still in the sandbox. I don’t know the status of this project, you would have to ask David. What we at Morpheus have done is create our own REST API (actually way before David began his work) which, in the core of it all, relies on Ontopia interface methods and TopicMapBuilderIF implementations to do topicmap modifications.

For quick-and-dirty work, one could also use these methods in a JSP file that handles form posts. This also allows you to model your own business constraints.

So we don’t really have a full replacements yet. Maybe after this migration drama has passed we can set out a plan toward Ontopia 6.0.

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

Ove Gram Nipen

Mar 16, 2015, 7:22:32 AM3/16/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

At my site, we use the ontopia APIs directly, both for querying and updating the topic map. We've deviced a common base class with a constructor for wrapping a TopicIF, and methods for setting and getting occurrence values and relations, so it's a kind of Active Record pattern. All topic types have a corresponding java class that we created that inherits the base class. It is unfortunately not open source.

I've heard there is also TMAPI, but I haven't tried it, and don't know the state of it.

- oven :)
signature.asc

Trainor, Kevin

Mar 16, 2015, 12:49:00 PM3/16/15
to <ontopia@googlegroups.com>
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Kevin
------------------
Kevin Trainor
Adjunct Lecturer
M 847-650-9706

Sent from my iPhone

Trainor, Kevin

Mar 16, 2015, 12:49:28 PM3/16/15
to <ontopia@googlegroups.com>
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Kevin Trainor
Adjunct Lecturer

Sent from my iPhone

Pierre Thibault

Mar 18, 2015, 3:39:06 PM3/18/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Quintin. I guess I will create a rest api.