Running runtests-rdbms.sh to test ontopia for RDBMS

Pierre Thibault

Mar 23, 2015, 6:02:40 PM3/23/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

At http://www.ontopia.net/doc/current/rdbms/install.html#N1047A it talks about running runtests-rdbms.sh as a test suite. But this file is not in my ontopia-5.3.0 directory.

So I did create the missing tests directory and then I download the script from https://code.google.com/p/ontopia/source/browse/branches/ontopia-maven/ontopia/src/dist/tests/runtests-rdbms.sh?r=1740 and added it there.

Then I had on error because of the missing classes. So I modified the script to add all the jars (-cp lib/*):

#!/bin/sh

if [ -n "$1" ]

then
                java
-cp lib/* net.ontopia.Ontopia
                java -cp lib/* -Dnet.ontopia.xml.Slf4jSaxErrorHandler.ignoreNamespaceErrors=true -Dnet.ontopia.topicmaps.impl.rdbms.PropertyFile=$1 -Dnet.ontopia.test.root=`pwd`/tests/test-data net.ontopia.test.TestRunner --loglevel=ERROR `pwd`/tests/test-data/tests-ontopia.xml ontopia-rdbms
else
                echo "Usage: runtests-rdbms.sh <propfile>"
fi

But then I got these errors instead:

Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale lib.backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale lib.backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar

Sorry for the French, it mean "Impossible to find or load the main class lib.backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar"

I guess is obsolete. Is it?

I would like to test my install. It would be nice.

Quintin Siebers

Mar 24, 2015, 6:23:19 AM3/24/15
to Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Pierre,

At http://www.ontopia.net/doc/current/rdbms/install.html#N1047A it talks about running runtests-rdbms.sh as a test suite. But this file is not in my ontopia-5.3.0 directory.

It seems you found some old documentation that should have been removed. Since we migrated to a Maven structure, the RDBMS test suite is ran automatically in the build process. This means that the databases that Ontopia supports no longer need to be tested during installation. The functionality to test Ontopia during installation has gone lost with all these changes, and we haven’t had the need to recreate the functionality.

I guess is obsolete. Is it?

So yes, it is. I’ll modify the documentation for future releases.

I would like to test my install. It would be nice.

At the moment, this can only be done during a full build of Ontopia and even then it’ll require code changes to direct the tests to your local database. To ease your mind you can have a look at the nightly build test results:

The RDBMS tests are part of ontopia-engine which runs 4387 tests on a H2 database during every build.

With regards,

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

Pierre Thibault

Mar 24, 2015, 10:10:51 AM3/24/15
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Quintin.

I did follow the instruction at
http://www.ontopia.net/doc/current/rdbms/install.html to setup my db so it is ready for the importation of topic maps.

Are these instructions still valid? If no, what do you suggest me to do then?