I can't see price list

Andres Soto

Apr 28, 2017, 8:56:25 AM4/28/17
to ontopia
Hello,
I found that OKS Enterprise Edition is required for using Ontopoly with multiple users
I wanted to know how much those it costs, but I couldn't. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Andres
I can't see price list.JPG

Quintin Siebers

Apr 28, 2017, 2:30:21 PM4/28/17
to Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Andres,

The OKS was the product sold by Ontopia AS, before they were acquired by Bouvet AS. In 2009 the OKS product was released as open source under the name Ontopia. So …

I found that OKS Enterprise Edition is required for using Ontopoly with multiple users

Could you tell me where you found this, because we are trying to remove all incorrect references to the OKS?

I wanted to know how much those it costs, but I couldn't. Can you help me?

The enterprise edition was quite expensive, but as it is now open source, it is FREE! Ofcourse, there is a but. Just accessing Ontopoly with multiple users can easily be set up by installing Ontopia as a service on a server your users can reach. It all get’s a bit more challenging if you want to set up security, authentication or even authorization. The tomcat documentation can help you with security and authentication. For even more control, see our wiki on ontopoly [1].

With regards,

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

<I can't see price list.JPG>

Andres Soto

Apr 30, 2017, 4:46:37 AM4/30/17
to ont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Quintin,
Thanks for all the information. I read that Ontopia was released as open source, but I was not sure if there were a part of it (or a way of using it) that wasn't free. There are many free products with premium parts or services.
While reading “Ontopoly: The Topic Map Editor User’s Guide”, I found this sentence: “To make use of this support the OKS Enterprise Edition is required.” So I googled for the following terms: ontopia OKS Enterprise Edition price. I obtained a list of web pages. I read one or two, for example:
http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=12367
Have a nice weekend!
Regards
Andres

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ontopia.
<I can't see price list.JPG>

Dr. Andres Soto Villaverde

Quintin Siebers

Apr 30, 2017, 1:22:38 PM4/30/17
to Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Andres,

Thanks for the pointer to the OKS reference. It was removed in:

With regards,

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

Andres Soto

Apr 30, 2017, 1:29:14 PM4/30/17
to ont...@googlegroups.com
That's fine! Thanks for the information. Have a nice Labour Day!