Where's the web site?

31 просмотр

Steve Pepper

не прочитано,
4 дек. 2017 г., 18:09:0404.12.2017
– Ontopia
Does anyone know what's happened to the web sites? ontopia.net redirects to bouvet.no and ontopia.com is unreachable.
It would be a pity for all the content (papers, topic maps, applications, etc.) of the old web sites to be lost forever...

Steve

Quintin Siebers

не прочитано,
5 дек. 2017 г., 04:04:4905.12.2017
– Ontopia Mailing List
Dear Steve,

Does anyone know what's happened to the web sites? ontopia.net redirects to bouvet.no and ontopia.com is unreachable.

During the process of migrating ontopia.net from Bouvet to Morpheus, some legalities came up. I’ve notified Bouvet that ontopia.net is no longer accessible. Has ontopia.com ever worked? It seems to be parked now, probably someone that wants to make some money off it.

It would be a pity for all the content (papers, topic maps, applications, etc.) of the old web sites to be lost forever…

I can ease your worries on this point. The site is not lost, only the DNS is incorrect at the moment. I’ll see if I can set up a backup domain.

With regards,

Quintin Siebers

--
(+31) (0)6 - 11 06 16 27

Morpheus Kennistechnologie BV
postbus 69
3500 CD Utrecht
KVK 30 26 04 30

Alexander Johannesen

не прочитано,
5 дек. 2017 г., 04:10:5805.12.2017
– ont...@googlegroups.com

> Has ontopia.com ever worked? It seems to be parked now, probably
> someone that wants to make some money off it.

Trying to make money from Topic Maps? Heh, yeah, good luck with that ...

:) Cheers,

Alex

Steve Pepper

не прочитано,
5 дек. 2017 г., 17:54:5405.12.2017
– Ontopia
Hi Quintin,

Thanks for your response.
Does anyone know what's happened to the web sites? ontopia.net redirects to bouvet.no and ontopia.com is unreachable.
During the process of migrating ontopia.net from Bouvet to Morpheus, some legalities came up. I’ve notified Bouvet that ontopia.net is no longer accessible. Has ontopia.com ever worked? It seems to be parked now, probably someone that wants to make some money off it.

Ontopia AS owned both domains. I guess Bouvet let the .com domain lapse, but that's not a big problem. The content was the same.
It would be a pity for all the content (papers, topic maps, applications, etc.) of the old web sites to be lost forever…
I can ease your worries on this point. The site is not lost, only the DNS is incorrect at the moment. I’ll see if I can set up a backup domain.

That's a relief. No need to set up a backup domain if you think you can resolve the legalities and DNS fairly quickly, but if not...

Best,
Steve
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору