Dremio Support

Muffex

Dec 9, 2020, 4:16:34 AM12/9/20
to ontop4obda
Hello everyone,

is there now a more concrete estimate for the re-implementation of Dremio? I depend on the use of Dremio and am very satisfied with its performance, so I rule out switching to Denodo.

The changelog refers to release 4.1, but unfortunately this is no time horizon I can relate to.

kind regards
Martin Just

Guohui Xiao

Dec 9, 2020, 4:41:39 AM12/9/20
to Muffex, ontop4obda
Dear Martin,

We expect to release 4.1 in January with Dremio support and other improvements.

Actually, Dremio supported is also done and we have internally deployed it in several projects.
If you want to test now and you are using Docker, you can use the tag 4.1-SNAPSHOT. Otherwise you can compile the current v4 branch.

Best,

Guohui

--
Please follow our guidelines on how to report a bug https://ontop-vkg.org/community/contributing/bug-report
---

Muffex

Dec 9, 2020, 5:30:18 PM12/9/20
to ontop4obda
Dear Guohui,

thank you very much for your answer. I will patiently wait till January. :)

kind regards,
Martin

Martin Just

Jan 14, 2021, 4:02:58 AM1/14/21
to ontop4obda
Dear Guohui,

I've decided to try the 4.1 beta version. After building the maven project and copying the existing config-files from the 3.0.1 version ontop won't start properly.
Do I have to alter these files (*.ttl, *.obda, *.propierties) when switching from 3.0.1 to 4.1.0?

kind regards
Martin

Roman Kontchakov

Jan 16, 2021, 5:37:13 AM1/16/21
to Martin Just, ontop4obda
Hi Martin

We have improved error messages for metadata extraction in the
version4 branch. Could you please pull and build the most recent
version? It should shed some light on the cause of your problems.

Best
Roman
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ontop4obda/15995ad3-2894-43df-baf0-2b3623b9171dn%40googlegroups.com.

Martin Just

Jan 16, 2021, 8:45:25 PM1/16/21
to ontop4obda
Hi Roman,

thanks for your answer. I found the issue. Ontop won't recognize the schema for the Dremio space I'm using (which is added to the properties file and has worked before). So I have to write the Schema for each table which is quite troublesome.
Is there some kind of workaround?

regards
Martin

Roman Kontchakov

Jan 18, 2021, 3:03:15 AM1/18/21
to Martin Just, ontop4obda
Hi Martin

I have made some changes in the Dremio metadata extraction procedure,
which now supports the ;schema=<DEFAULT_SCHEMA> parameter of the
connection URL (https://docs.dremio.com/drivers/dremio-jdbc-driver.html).
Could you give it a try? Pull the latest version4 from github and
build it.

Best
Roman
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ontop4obda/7f8e99c6-9b29-438f-bc2b-ec32cfe18cdfn%40googlegroups.com.

Martin Just

Jan 18, 2021, 2:01:45 PM1/18/21
to ontop4obda
Hi Roman,

thanks for your answer. Your changes did resolve all our issues. Thank you so much! :)
The default schema is now applied properly and all our queries seem to work.

regards,
Martin