From Humanity to Transhumanity

1 view

Azamat Abdoullaev

Sep 11, 2021, 10:36:08 AM9/11/21
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com

sowa @bestweb.net

Sep 11, 2021, 12:37:43 PM9/11/21
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Azamat,

The probability of superintelligent machines in the next 30 years is ZERO.  The likelihood that any such things will be developed in this century is much less likely than the probability that the human race will be extinguished by the superheating.

What is much more likely is that we will develop computer systems that we can collaborate with in ordinary languages.  That collaboration may help us overcome the widespread stupidity propagated by lying politicians.  See section 6 of the revised slides I presented on August 11:  http://jfsowa.com/talks/uql.pdf

John

PS:  To avoid any political debate, I won't name the liars.

Sep 11, 2021, 5:29:21 PM9/11/21
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com

“we will develop computer systems that we can collaborate with in ordinary languages.  That collaboration may help us overcome the widespread stupidity propagated by lying politicians”.

Great vision.  Keep it up.

Maybe this should be the target for “ethical AI”

Naive formula: Intercultural cooperation and co-creation + powerful machine-supported correlation = transformative and survivable (and significantly influential) universal ethics

Bruce Schuman

Santa Barbara CA USA

bruces...@cox.net / 805-705-9174

www.origin.org / www.integralontology.net / www.newcongress.net

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Ray Martin

Sep 12, 2021, 11:56:27 AM9/12/21
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com, ontolog...@googlegroups.com, Eric BEAUSSART
I am really struggling to follow.
Now, I am not your brightest boy so, it won’t take much for a computer to surpass me.
But
I am not understanding the overstating of the obvious.
If I keep shouting that a computer has no intestines and cannot digest matter. What would you eventually say???

Secondly
Why just one category of liars?
Politicians? Yes
So called scientists? Yes
Generals with no experience? Yes
Those who do not care about a beating heart? Yes

Many categories of liars.
I have seen where folks ask a question and are screamed at for being a liar.

Maybe you are emphasizing the politician because those, you have voted in to do your bidding?

When any human takes a set of numbers and endeavors to make those numbers say something of which they do not - is that not lying? So we are already ‘teaching’ computers to assist us with our lies. Humans can masquerade in many a different form. Maybe even repetition of the obvious?
--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.