THE LATEST TRENDS IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) AND MACHINE LEARNING (ML)

Azamat Abdoullaev

Sep 5, 2021, 11:53:28 AM9/5/21
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com

deddy

Sep 5, 2021, 12:06:15 PM9/5/21
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com
Azamat -

> https://www.bbntimes.com/technology/the-latest-trends-in-artificial-intelligence-ai-and-machine-
learning-ml

Does any of this colorful handwaving have any potential operational value in sight yet?

Other than demonstrating to organiztions that they're sitting on PBs of bad data?

I'm looking at this through the lens of understanding that it took some 200 years to move from Isaac
Newton's alchemy to Mendeleev's periodic table... at a time when the people pondering such things
were likely no more than a few 100s of souls... moving at the speed of the quill pen.

Let us remember that 50 - 100+ years into software, we still lack a widely understood & meaningfully
repeatable means of actually measuring software.

______________________
David Eddy

LEARNING (ML)
> Sent: Sep 05 '21 11:53
>
> https://www.bbntimes.com/technology/the-latest-trends-in-artificial-intelligence-ai-and-machine-
learning-ml
> --
> All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source
> license.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ontolog-forum/CAKK1bf9eB%3D-
4U%3DTCSqGQrjrJG8VhEzUcUkgeyYNqKw%2BCPdCc4w%40mail.gmail.com.