Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski

Jan 25, 2022, 11:36:48 PM1/25/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The Ontology Summit 2022 has started.  The first session gave a thorough overview of the topic and the tracks.  If you missed the overview session, the slides and video recording are available on the meeting webpage at https://bit.ly/3trtHiT.  The video recording is also available on Youtube at https://youtu.be/wMCmLSKFLag

The next session of the summit will feature a presentation and a panel discussion about the landscape of disaster.  The panelists will include Paul Churchyard, Josh Lieberman and others.  The presentation will be about an exciting pilot project that uses earth observation satellites to track pandemics, climate change and other disasters.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3trSWlg
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3zZBxkR

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

Ken Baclawski

Jan 31, 2022, 11:21:53 PM1/31/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
We are pleased to announce that the next session of the Ontology Summit 2022
will feature Doug Lenat, the CEO of Cycorp.

Please note that this session will be a 90-minute session on Wednesday, 2 February 2022 at Noon EST.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/346GFIz
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3rexZIQ

Douglas Miles

Feb 4, 2022, 6:20:51 AM2/4/22
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com
People have been asking when a Video Recording is going to be posted

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Ken Baclawski

Feb 4, 2022, 10:43:54 AM2/4/22
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com
The video recording has been posted at https://bit.ly/3L9YlDF

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

John F Sowa

Feb 4, 2022, 3:26:07 PM2/4/22
to ontolog-forum, ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

The recording is useful *after* the talk.  But the slides should be available *before* the talk.  In the good old days (before ZOOM), we had the chatroom, the audio, and the slides.  That gave us the best of all possible worlds.  ZOOM is useful when there are no slides, but the Adobe viewer (or other viewers) are far superior to ZOOM.

John

Ken Baclawski

Feb 8, 2022, 5:50:30 PM2/8/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
We are pleased to announce that the next session of the Ontology Summit 2022
will feature Chris Mungall and Justin Reese of the Lawrence Berkeley National
Laboratory who will be speaking on COVID-19 Knowledge Graphs.

The next session will be on Wednesday, 9 February 2022 at Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3AKc4MI
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3geNZ7k

maria evt

Feb 9, 2022, 3:00:43 PM2/9/22
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ken,
I am sorry I was not able to come to the meeting the hour is not always convenient for me.
Do you have a record of the meeting?
Best regards,
Mariya

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Ken Baclawski

Feb 9, 2022, 3:18:28 PM2/9/22
to ontolog-forum
Yes, the meeting was recorded, and has been posted at https://bit.ly/3GEQydy and is also available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/SsOhx7eSMm4

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Baclawski

Feb 15, 2022, 11:32:59 PM2/15/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
We are pleased to announce that the next session of the Ontology Summit 2022
will feature Mark Fox of the University of Toronto who will be speaking on
ISO/IEC WG11 Data Standards for Public Health Emergencies.

The next session is on Wednesday, 16 February 2022 at Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3sGeNU1
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3GSrFeN

Azamat Abdoullaev

Feb 16, 2022, 7:16:23 AM2/16/22
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com, ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Allow me to share my humble experience to moderate 200+k FB public group on AI, ML, and DL, which had started from zero.
As everybody here, I hold in high esteem Ravi, and whatever he is doing.
Nevertheless, why such narrow topics agenda for the Ontology Summit, as "Data Standards for Public Health Emergencies", with respect to its authors.
Then there is a crying demand for real ontological topics, like as:
  Data Standards for Ontologies
 Data Standards for Science and Technology
 Data Standards for AI and ML...
This could revive our 1000- slowly dying micro-forum, attracting much more aspiring members.
Again, the Summit could not be a summit with virtually 10-20 people.

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Ravi Sharma

Feb 16, 2022, 11:47:04 AM2/16/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
Azamat
We do not know the exact title of the slides but talk includes Smart cities, urban disasters and related ontologies on which Prof. Fox has ben working for some time.
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022
Senior Enterprise Architect
Particle and Space Physicist
Elk Grove CA

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ontology-summit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ontology-summit/CAKK1bf8hT-gbGmyo_zjO%3D2FZSCyPRURVeMvUyay2QZd8tZjW%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ken Baclawski

Feb 22, 2022, 10:04:52 PM2/22/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
You are cordially invited to contribute to the synthesis of the first track of
the Ontology Summit 2022.  The session will be an open discussion on the
Parametric Landscape of Disasters.

The synthesis session will be held on Wednesday 23 February 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3t4HjPr
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3H5Rs3e

Ken Baclawski

Feb 28, 2022, 10:10:29 PM2/28/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Dr. Asiyah Lin who will be presenting

Post-workshop Report of WCO-2020: Workshop on COVID-19 Ontologies

The session will be held on Wednesday 2 March 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3v77hUY
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3BIwMNv

Ken Baclawski

Mar 7, 2022, 5:42:47 PM3/7/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Michael DeBellis and Biswanath Dutta who will present their

Knowledge Graph Approach to Combat COVID-19

The session will be held on Wednesday 9 March 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3v7VJkn
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/33Nk1VC

Asiyah Yu Lin

Mar 9, 2022, 1:36:27 PM3/9/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
Hi all,

For real world data and evidence, please check out this group:
OHDSI (https://www.ohdsi.org/) Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics

Thanks,
Asiyah

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Ravi Sharma

Mar 9, 2022, 1:41:02 PM3/9/22
to ontolog-forum
Asiyah
We Appreciate the link, Gary posted it in the chat.
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022
Senior Enterprise Architect
Particle and Space Physicist
Elk Grove CA

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ontolog-forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ontolog-forum/CADBWCHbVjinmYJ4wkddcKfcnyEKyzQK2H0Bh1PgQK1N9Wu3bLg%40mail.gmail.com.

Ken Baclawski

Mar 14, 2022, 11:30:56 PM3/14/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

John Beverley who will present

The Subtle Art of Modeling Pandemics

The session will be held on Wednesday 16 March 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Note that US/Canada is now on Daylight Saving Time, but
Europe is still on standard time.  If you are unsure about
the time in your timezone see https://bit.ly/3p5gRUE

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/34VtRFx
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3p5gRUE

Ravi Sharma

Mar 16, 2022, 2:03:20 AM3/16/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
New Speaker and Topic (John Beverly's talk will be rescheduled)
Speaker:
Maria Evt
Topic: Semantic agents system for personalized searching for COVID information

[...]

Ken Baclawski

Mar 22, 2022, 9:13:26 PM3/22/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Ken Baclawski who will present "What is Risk?"

The session will be held on Wednesday 23 March 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Note that US/Canada is now on Daylight Saving Time, but
Europe is still on standard time.  If you are unsure about
the time in your timezone see https://bit.ly/3Icx4yx

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3IflhQ2
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3Icx4yx

Ken Baclawski

Mar 29, 2022, 11:45:59 PM3/29/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
This is a reminder that the next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will be a Synthesis session.

Ken Baclawski will present a brief summary of the Pandemics Track followed
by an open discussion to start the synthesis process.

Matthew West will give a presentation on Disasters as Information Failures.

The session will be held on Wednesday 30 March 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3v7VLJ1
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3Ifzblg

Ken Baclawski

Apr 5, 2022, 12:10:26 AM4/5/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will be the first session of

Track 3: Environment Disasters

Dave Jones and Karen Moe will be speaking on
ESIP Cross-Domain Collaboratory: Challenges and Opportunities

The session will be held on Wednesday 6 April 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Please note that this will be a 90 minute session.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3u4Xz4t
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3BFIcli

Ken Baclawski

Apr 12, 2022, 9:18:10 PM4/12/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Krzysztof Janowicz
Knowledge Graphs and Disaster Mitigation

The session will be held on Wednesday 13 April 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3r6wv2V
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3sbmSAT

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

Ken Baclawski

Apr 19, 2022, 11:53:09 PM4/19/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Andrew Dougherty - Personal Emergency Management using the Free Life Planner

The session will be held on Wednesday 20 April 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/36XZSxp
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3HcOt95

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

The unabbreviated URLs are:

Conference URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88144272329?pwd=ZXZEemdvakN6cS9iSFMrdnpoZzhMUT09
Conference ID: 881 4427 2329
Conference Passcode: 553714

Ken Baclawski

Apr 26, 2022, 11:25:28 PM4/26/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature an exciting panel of four speakers on:

Moving from data to interoperable information and knowledge in climate research

Julia Barrott
Sukaina Bharwani
Barbara Magagna
Sirko Schindler

The session will be held on Wednesday 27 April 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3NPPtVd
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3HanYRB

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

The unabbreviated URLs are:

Conference URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88144272329?pwd=ZXZEemdvakN6cS9iSFMrdnpoZzhMUT09
Conference ID: 881 4427 2329
Conference Passcode: 553714

Ken Baclawski

May 3, 2022, 10:54:08 PM5/3/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will be a synthesis session for
the Environment Disasters track.

The session will begin with a presentation by
Dr. Ravi Sharma who will be speaking on
Earth Observations to monitor disasters
 - sensors, platforms, image-data and metadata.

The session will be held on Wednesday 4 May 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3uVXiAf
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3pb40Ah

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

The unabbreviated URLs are:

Conference URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88144272329?pwd=ZXZEemdvakN6cS9iSFMrdnpoZzhMUT09
Conference ID: 881 4427 2329
Conference Passcode: 553714

Ken Baclawski

May 9, 2022, 11:24:41 PM5/9/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
We are pleased to announce that

Yolanda Gil

will be speaking at the next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 on

Ontologies for Exploring Interventions for Disaster Preparation and Response

The session will be held on Wednesday 11 May 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3ubnvM0
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC
For the time in your timezone see: https://bit.ly/3BFIpoA

Participation in the Ontology Summit 2022 is free to the general public.

Our sincere best wishes for your health and well being,

Ravi Sharma
Chair, Ontology Summit 2022

Ken Baclawski
Chair, Ontolog Forum Board of Trustees

The unabbreviated URLs are:

Conference URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88144272329?pwd=ZXZEemdvakN6cS9iSFMrdnpoZzhMUT09
Conference ID: 881 4427 2329
Conference Passcode: 553714

Ken Baclawski

May 15, 2022, 8:24:53 PM5/15/22
to ontolog...@googlegroups.com, ontolog-forum
The next session of the Ontology Summit 2022 will feature

Scott M Hull of NASA GSFC - Maryland

who will speak on

Potential Space Disasters, and What We Can Do to Prevent Them

The session will be held on Wednesday 18 May 2022 at
Noon US/Canada Eastern Time.

This is the first session in the fourth track of the summit, dealing with space
environment disasters.

Video Conference URL: https://bit.ly/3rTKSGQ
Meeting Webpage: https://bit.ly/3r5SZ3Y
Chat Room: https://bit.ly/37g93pC