Theme One Program

Jon Awbrey

Mar 30, 2023, 3:13:02 PM3/30/23
to Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Ontolog Forum, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Survey of Theme One Program • 5
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/03/30/survey-of-theme-one-program-5/

All,

Updating my Survey post on the Theme One Program
for the use of the W3 RDF Surfaces working group.

This is a Survey ( https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/surveys/ ) of blog and
wiki posts relating to the Theme One Program I worked on all through the
1980s. The aim was to develop fundamental algorithms and data structures
for integrating empirical learning with logical reasoning. I had earlier
developed separate programs for basic components of those tasks, namely,
2-level formal language learning and propositional constraint satisfaction,
the latter using an extension of C.S. Peirce's logical graphs as a syntax
for propositional logic. Thus arose the question of how well it might be
possible to get “empiricist” and “rationalist” modes of operation to cooperate.
The long-term vision is the design and implementation of an Automated Research
Tool able to double as a platform for Inquiry Driven Education.

Note. Please follow the above link for the full set of resources.
I'll post just a sample of basics below.

Wiki Hub
========

Theme One Program • Overview
https://oeis.org/wiki/Theme_One_Program_%E2%80%A2_Overview

Documentation
=============

Theme One Program • Pascal Source Code
https://www.academia.edu/5210987/Theme_One_Program_Pascal_Source_Code

Theme One Program • User Guide
https://www.academia.edu/5211369/Theme_One_Program_User_Guide

Theme One Program • Exposition
https://oeis.org/wiki/Theme_One_Program_%E2%80%A2_Exposition

Applications

Applications, Examples, Exercises • Jets and Sharks
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/08/25/theme-one-program-jets-and-sharks-1/
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/08/30/theme-one-program-jets-and-sharks-2/
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2022/09/03/theme-one-program-jets-and-sharks-3/

Applications of a Propositional Calculator • Constraint Satisfaction Problems
https://www.academia.edu/4727842/Applications_of_a_Propositional_Calculator_Constraint_Satisfaction_Problems

Exploratory Qualitative Analysis of Sequential Observation Data
https://oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey/Exploratory_Qualitative_Analysis_of_Sequential_Observation_Data