CODO: COviD-19 Ontology Update

Biswanath Dutta

Jun 7, 2024, 7:09:58 AMJun 7
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,
        We are pleased to announce the release of CODO versions 1.4 (https://w3id.org/codo/1.4) and 1.5 (https://w3id.org/codo/1.5).

CODO (https://w3id.org/codo) is an ontology designed for the collection and analysis of COVID-19 data. It is an integrated model that facilitates the representation of various aspects of COVID-19 data. A brief overview of the versions is provided below.

All versions are also available on Bioportal https://lnkd.in/gZ6VQ2v7

CODO version-wise overview

CODO versions 1.0 (https://w3id.org/codo/1.0) to 1.3 (https://w3id.org/codo/1.3) support advanced analytics and queries regarding contact tracing, trend studies, growth projections, resource analysis, etc.

CODO 1.4 (CODO_COVIDRO 1.4, or COVID-19 Drug and Risk Ontology), is specifically designed to tackle the multifaceted challenges associated with COVID-19 treatment, patient risk level, risk factors (e.g., underlying health conditions, age, immunocompromised state, and occupation), drug interactions, drug adverse effects, clinical findings (including diagnosis, signs, symptoms, and status), and treatment procedures.

CODO 1.5 (CODO_VGO, or COVID-19 Virus Genomics Ontology) extends CODO V1.4 with a focus on COVID-19 Virus Genomics for genomic sequence data representation. It supports the data representation, such as variants, mutations, amino acids, genes, proteins, genome sequencing, hosts, etc.

If you have any questions/ wish to share your ideas on the topic, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Biswanath

--
Dr. Biswanath Dutta, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head

Ravi Sharma

Jun 7, 2024, 8:03:11 PMJun 7
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof Dutta
Great news, will explore learning from you including possible potential talk to our Forum or as a special lecture, perhaps hopefully your collaborating again with Michael DeBellis and other colleagues of yours.
Would you be able to address questions like:
1. How have these drugs and pharma matured as a result of new data to indicate factors for managing after effects?
2. Has genomic changes and sequence and mutations related changes taught us on how we will manage potential Pandemics in future (especially even with small variations of accidental virus releases as was suspected for Coronavirus 2019)?
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
Former Scientific Secretary iSRO HQ
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect
SAE Fuel Cell Standards Member

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Biswanath Dutta

Jun 10, 2024, 2:11:28 PMJun 10
to ontolo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir,
        Thank you, so much for your email.
It will be an honour to present our work on CODO at the Ontolog-Forum. We would be happy to demonstrate our work there.

Regarding your questions, please find below our replies:

Would you be able to address questions like:
1. How have these drugs and pharma matured as a result of new data to indicate factors for managing after effects?

All data were sourced from published articles. Please note that the ontology was populated with sample data specifically for evaluating/ testing the model.

2. Has genomic changes and sequence and mutations related changes taught us on how we will manage potential Pandemics in future (especially even with small variations of accidental virus releases as was suspected for Coronavirus 2019)?

We do not know the answer to this question yet.
In the current work, we attempted to model genomic sequence data based on the publicly available datasets, e.g., from GISAID https://gisaid.org/
The model is to facilitate the diagnosis of patient records.

Regards,
Biswanath