Regarding Installation

Davis Dimalen

Sep 9, 2021, 5:44:25 PM9/9/21
to OnTask Project Forum
Hi,

I am new to python, django and ontask and trying to install it on an ubuntu box.

Down item 2. it says "Create the role ontask with the command createuser. The role should be able to create new databases but not new roles and you should define a password for the user (use createuser --interactive -W)."  Since the premise is to install postgres, do you mean I need to login to postgres and then use the command createuser? I am confused because postgres doesn't do anythin when you use that command or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Davis