OnTask impact analysis research methodologies

Simon Buckingham Shum

Aug 14, 2019, 3:40:44 AM8/14/19
to OnTask Project Forum

Hi

We’re designing an OnTask impact analysis with an academic in our Business School who has secured faculty funding to evaluate it. He’s sending 1000 emails every week to a large 1st year Intro Accounting cohort.

There could be benefits (for cumulative science) to replicate the methodology used in prior studies at other institutions.

If you’re willing to share methods and materials you’ve used (e.g. student survey; focus group protocols), which we would of course acknowledge, then please get in touch. If there’s interest in a shared pool of Creative Commons licensed resources, then we can discuss how to set that up, if only via a Google Drive.

Thanks

Simon

Simon J. Buckingham Shum
Director & Professor of Learning Informatics

Connected Intelligence Centre
University of Technology Sydney, AUS
M +61 407 862578
uts.edu.au

Home • Blog • ORCiD • ACM • gScholar
LinkedIn • Twitter • SlideShare

Receive CIC Newsletter

Join the international Learning Analytics community...

Journal of Learning Analytics
Handbook of Learning Analytics
International Conf. on Learning Analytics

Recent talks/papers...
Human-Centred Learning Analytics (JLA19)
Transitioning Education’s Knowledge Infrastructure (ICLS18 Keynote)
Towards Collaboration Translucence: Giving Meaning to Multimodal Group Data(CHI19)
Contextualizable Learning Analytics Design: A Generic Model, and Writing Analytics Evaluations (LAK19)